Oil in my Intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ARS1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much oil in the intercooler should be expected? When I was installing a BOV yesterday on my '17 Raptor there was a bit of oil in the couplers. Is that normal for a 17k mile 3.5? It had no engine mods prior to the BOV but I plan to add a few more including a tune very soon. I guess a catch can should be on that list?

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was some ass jacket for a while telling people to drill a "weep hole" in their intercooler to remedy that and condensation conserns. How ever that's a ******** ludacris idea. Some oil I believe to be normal with the pcv system. A catch can is a good idea. I'm sure some much more knowledgeable people then myself will chime in here

Last edited:

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
a little bit of oil is 100% normal. the CAC is physically lower than the rest of the piping, so gravity will have its way and makes oil collect.

at least it makes the couplers slide back on easily!

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw a video on YouTube the guy drilled whatever size hold and got a quart or two of water out of the intercooler.:anitoof:

But a little bit of oil is normal.
You should add a oil separator to help with that.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Every turbo vehicle I have owned or own has had some oil residue in the intercooler. Very normal for a turbo vehicle.

BTW whatever happened to Mr. Weephole, kinda liked laughing at his retarded posts.

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Bhollier, it got banned. made new accounts, banned and so on. I'm sure it's still lingering around here like a stale fart, under another user name. Just waiting for the right moment to pop up and be the annoying pain in the ass we all remember