Oil Filter Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct...MY BAD...didnt realize you guys were talking about a Gen2...crazy how Ford made it the ***** for you guys with the V-6...Bummer...

The first oil change was not fun.

After that, it’s not bad because you know what to expect.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There ya go..!! Beers on me..!! OK....guess I need to keep to the Gen 1 forum....didnt even think about the newer V-6...MY BAD....and stand corrected.....
No worries. Found the senior moment. Lol. Keep poking around here anyway. Cheers!

Reaction score
1st Raptor Oil Change-Total Rookie Experience

1) Bought an end cap wrench, it only fit replacement filter not the Ford Filter I was removing.
2) Removed Drain Plug Oil stream jettisoned past my Drain Pan (for 1 or 2 seconds)
3) 20 minute struggle- left hand, right hand, glove, no glove, 20 different positions
At 61 I finally hit a position Yoga Flocke couldn't hit reach and got that bit.... with my left hand.
A bit of sawdust later and all was good.

Terry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The skid plate is heavy and it's a pain to hold up while trying to insert the bolts when reattaching after removal. A filter cap wrench tool attached to a ratchet wrench can be used with one hand through the port in the skid plate to facilitate the process. There is no reason to make it harder than it already is.

Oil Filter Cap Wrench Tool.jpg