Oil Cooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are a few guys that have done that, the only side effect is it interferes with the wipers and spray at speeds. So they say, I don't think it's big issue from there comments.

I will get around to doing it myself one afternoon this year.

OP
OP
Raptized

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a few guys that have done that, the only side effect is it interferes with the wipers and spray at speeds. So they say, I don't think it's big issue from there comments.

I have had zero issues. I don't even notice a difference in spray.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

I used an air cutoff tool and it worked amazing. I even did my side vents.

OP
OP
Raptized

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's where I'm at. I ordered the larger Dorman replacement tranny cooler and it came damaged.

I am going to start with an el cheapo oil cooler and upgrade after in case it is a failure. Here's the problem. Most of the ones I'm finding that say universal are too small. The area they are too small is in oil filter diameter for the adapter. 2.39" is the smallest inside diameter filter made for the 6.2. The largest el cheapo I have found is ID 51mm or 2.00787". I am having to piece together way more than I originally wanted to.