Oil consumption... who has it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck is headed back to the dealer next week. It appears to be consuming oil between changes. 16k miles on it and I first noticed it at 11.5k. The dealer is going investigate it on this next visit. Their initial thought was that the tech under filled it on my previous oil change (about 1.5k earlier). Obviously, now that it has happened again there seems to be an issue. I don't see any signs of a leak anywhere. So those that have gone through this what should I expect next?

OP
OP
FullAuto

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had 3 oil changes by 10.5k miles that were all done at Ford dealerships. While driving to work I had a low oil pressure warning pop up and it stalled out 2 times. Both times I pulled over and restarted it. The second time happened about a mile from work and the check engine light popped on about a 1/4 mile from my destination. I had it towed to the local dealer who kept it for 3 days. It was 2 qts low about 1200 miles after my last oil change (10.5k one). This dealer did an oil change at this time per my request. I checked levels a few times afterwards and it appeared fine. So I honestly hadn't checked in a while. I'm around 16k now and was scheduling to bring it in next week for a oil change when I got a low oil pressure warning again today half throttling it on a flat road. It didn't stall out but I pulled over and restarted it. I parked it and took my other vehicle out since I was in a rush. I spoke to the dealer and they are going to take it next week and do some more test. I have absolutely no oil underneath my truck.

Last edited:

kid icarus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 3 oil changes by 10.5k miles that were all done at Ford dealerships. While driving to work I had a low oil pressure warning pop up and it stall out 2 times. Both times I pulled over and restarted it. The second time happened about a mile from work and the check engine light popped on about a 1/4 mile from my destination. I had it towed to the local dealer who kept it for 3 days. It was 2 qts low about 1200 miles after my last oil change (10.5k one). This dealer did an oil change at this time per my request. I checked levels a few times afterwards and it appeared fine. So I honestly hadn't check in a while. I'm around 16k now and was scheduling to bring it in next week for a oil change when I got a low oil pressure warning again today half throttling it on a flat road. It didn't stall out but I pulled over and restarted it. I parked it and took my other vehicle out since I was in a rush. I spoke to the dealer and they are going to take it next week and do some more test. I have absolutely no oil underneath my truck.

That is most definitely a problem. If this is not properly diagnosed on your next warranty visit, trade that thing in as fast as you can.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FullAuto

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I honestly love the truck besides this. I'm definitely bummed knowing where this is heading. I won't be able to find a scab optioned like it on a lot. I know others have had similar issues so I would love to hear from some of them even if it needs to be a pm.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
And Whatever you do don’t take advice from the clown known as Sasquatch77. She is a notorious Internet troll who has been banned 4 Times here already