Oil consumption? 2020?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it has to do more with seating the rings initially . That's why i drove it very hard first 100 miles and next 400 miles. i'm sure i could go 5000 miles but, i never have on any of my vehicles . But so far at 2500 miles i see no oil loss.

There is short window when an engine is new to get those rings to seat and its high cylinder pressure that forces rings into the cylinder walls.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the valve cover replaced on my 2018 earlier this year and sadly it looks like I'm down over a quart 2,000 miles later. Back to the dealer for another go around.

I am in the same boat on a 2019. Valve covers and cam phasers replaced and I still have excessive oil consumption. I am in the process of doing another oil consumption test with my dealer now (he took a pic of the dipstick and I am scheduled to go back in 1K miles).

ayoustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Break in is pretty important to an engine. High load, without going into boost, combined with lots of deceleration is ideal.