GEN 2 Oil change when running hard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just curious about your opinions on when to change the oil or how soon to change it when you take the truck for a weekend off-roading? I’ll probably go up north a few times this summer to the dunes and drive it pretty hard. Do you just change it at 5k every time no matter the conditions? Or 5k when you have fun with it and 7k when you just do normal driving? Any input would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
10k is the normal interval. I stick with that. unless conditions are "extreme"

But..... If I was do do a weekend off road event, where i was sucking in a bunch of dirt and sand......yes...i think that warrants "extreme duty" and i would do a change of oil.

Same thing in the summer. when it is 105 degrees out, a 10k oil change may happen at 7k for me.

Last edited:

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
I would change it every 5k if possible, no matter. I've gone as far as 7500 on mine due to highway road travels, but 5k is my "normal" vs the Ford "normal" use change at 10k miles.

CurtZX

Reaction score
5k has been my go to since dyno oil .synth can go longer but if I don't remember at 5k I don't usually push too much past 6 or so .Cheap Insurance!