Oil catch can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

munch520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty wild, I’m putting a JLT on mine this week. Already have 7000mi tho

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have had a JLT on mine since about 150 miles.

My old 6.2 used to fill a can every 2,000 miles during the winter months and only 1/3 of the can during the same distance during the summer. My wife's ecoboost explorer has a JLT on it as well, and it has little to no volume in the can after 2,500 miles. So, I'm honestly a little shocked you found that much as I was anticipating that my truck would act similar to my wife's explorer.

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 with JLT since first oil change at 5000. It collects 2 ounces every oil change and I now have 47000 miles on her. Oil level on the dip-stick never drops but maybe a 3rd of a quart between changes. She’s not much of an off roader but I drive the the heck out of her. Pennzoil platium is my choice.

Juanitobunito

Reaction score
That's a loaded question. There are many threads available on here for you to research and make your own decision. Use the search buttong in the top right corner.
I know what the search is and how to use it, thanks bud. I meant my question to be in the spirit of the conversation of catch cans