Oh the stupid!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh heck, tell them it's a turbine engine. When they give you the look that tells you that they're too stupid to know what a turbine engine is, get technical and tell them it's a surplus turboshaft engine from a military helicopter and it's so versatile that it'll run on anything - jet fuel, gasoline, diesel, and peanut oil. "I run the high octane peanut oil/corn oil blend because it's renewable!" :)
Genius....dammit man

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like to screw with people and when they ask about the odd whine on mine I always say It's a vacuum leak.....
I had a buddy with a Whipple SC on his F350 5.8L and people would try to come up to him in parking lots after he pulled in to give him the heads up that his power steering pump was going bad, '...that's what the whine you hear is..."

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next time tell them it's the hybrid version and the 'engine noise' is just pumped through the audio system and there's a few speakers they now put outside the truck to make it sound 'good'...

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
Well, that sure beats the experience I had at a gas station while filling up my GEN1. A woman approached me screaming at the top of her two lungs about how my truck was destroying the planet, and how I was a vicious disrespector of everything good and wholesome in the world. It was an assault, and I honestly thought she was going to try to get physical!
Was she hot?