oh the fence about buying aftermarket intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mata

Reaction score
I am asking a question to which i know much of the facts, however i would like to hear from owners who have taken this road.
I am thinking about buying an s&b intake.
most likely I wont be doing any other performance mods besides a cobb tune.
i know i wont be gaining any HP, if any at all, so the decision to spend 300+ bucks on a mod that will only help intake sound is debatable.

guys who have installed intake similar to this one or this specific brand, do you think its worth it?

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I’m currently in the same boat but want the Cobb intake and I think that the stock air box is good util larger turbos are added. If stock works I’m not changing unless I go bigger turbos or it’s needed for the stage 2 tune.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am asking a question to which i know much of the facts, however i would like to hear from owners who have taken this road.
I am thinking about buying an s&b intake.
most likely I wont be doing any other performance mods besides a cobb tune.
i know i wont be gaining any HP, if any at all, so the decision to spend 300+ bucks on a mod that will only help intake sound is debatable.

guys who have installed intake similar to this one or this specific brand, do you think its worth it?

I tend to view Cold Air Intakes more as a supporting modification than a necessity. If you're just going to run the Stage 1 OTS COBB map, then you can choose to go with our without the setup. If you're going to run Stage 2 with the upgraded intercooler and a higher performance tune, I'd recommend adding the CAI as well (it will be included in the COBB Stage 2 package).

Also, if you purchase the COBB Stage 1+ Package, it effectively lowers the price when you buy the package together ($995 vs $675 + $395), so it brings the overall cost down.

If you want to go the COBB route, we have Stage 1+ kits in stock and available for shipment.

COBB Power Package Stage 1+ F-150 Raptor 2017-2018

Let me know if we can help get you setup!

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waste of money. Do your research on here by using the search feature and you will read all that CAI does not add any power, it only adds turbo spool sounds.

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Roush CAI added a nice deep tone at the intake.

18 SCrew Magnetic, Roush CAI. Whipple tuned. SPD adapters, Kooks Green catted down pipes. HF & VHF Connected.

OP
OP
mata

mata

Reaction score
yeah, in our case, is mostly for a better intake sound.
I am pretty sure a lot of people dont consider that a waste of money.

horsepower wise.....yeah, no gains to be excpected

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the AFE momentum force stage 2 “super raptor”. Honestly it doesn’t sound like much and that is supposed to be their “loudest”.

If you want more turbo sound take off the silencers and leave the stock intake. Save your money for a tune or at least a Pedal Commander.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a nice drop in, by the looks of it, the flow should be much improved, the stock paper filter looks like crap after 20k miles

Carter Oswalt

Reaction score
Waste of money u less you want to hear the sound. Read the dump reports on you tube, not the ones from companies trying to sell
You mods. I have the MPT, after
I took of the SCt tuner because it would constant out my truck in Lino mode and a Wagner intercooler. Puts over 140hp to the tires. No
CAI needed.