Oh Rigid.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drgonzo3000

Reaction score
Well, you can buy the good stuff once or the cheap shit every year. There is more to lighting than longevity and warranty as well. They must actually perform their job.
You definitely had that statement backwards...

Rigid cubes I had on my 2010 didn't last 6-8 months, Fogged lens, water in the housings, peeling chrome on the inside reflectors. I'm sure the moisture is also what cause one of the LED's to burn out.
Travelers cubes are going on 6 years now for my front set and the rear backup cubes got replaced just as refreshers really as they were pretty beak up from road debris.
These are flood cubes, so as long as they light up and make things bright at night they are performing their job.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely contact Rigid about that.

I bought their 30" E Series light bar new and after I wired it up half of the light bar didn't light up. I gave them a call and sent it out to them and they fixed it. After that it worked great. It was an inconvenience, but they made it right.

I wasn't too thrilled with how the exterior finish held up though. After about 3 years the black paint was peeling/flaking off in large sections.

OP
OP
jpar247

jpar247

Reaction score
Definitely gonna go the warranty route on them.

They're mounted upside down as per the installation instructions. I imagine that has a lot to do with the warm moist air not being able to escape out of the vent. It's the only logical reason why all of them have intrusion.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Definitely gonna go the warranty route on them.

They're mounted upside down as per the installation instructions. I imagine that has a lot to do with the warm moist air not being able to escape out of the vent. It's the only logical reason why all of them have intrusion.

Good deal. I think you see, most all the vendors on here don't want you to throw away your money. If you decide you want something different, and you get them repaired/replaced... at least you have something of value that you can resell or repurpose somewhere else. If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to reach out to any of the vendors on here. We all love to help.

John

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^ THIS ^^

I have BD lights on my 2018 that have lasted 3+ years without a single issue. I have no fog, no water, no discoloration, the paint looks great and they perform fantastically like they did when I installed them. It would have cost me more in time, hassle and money if I had to replace cheap crap lights every year.

I like them so much, I just installed a complete set on my 2021 Tremor!

View attachment 164559

View attachment 164558

Nice! A ton of light. But your going to limit air to the IC down there lmao.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice! A ton of light. But your going to limit air to the IC down there lmao.

No issues so far when towing in 80+ degrees, but time will tell.

EDIT: I did a quick check on my light setup and the 2021 Super Duty Diesel with water cooled turbos has no IC in the lower position, so your laughter was only good for a small chuckle. :p

Last edited:

Brett 2019

Reaction score
I have had no problems with the rigid lights I put on my Raptor. In the instructions I’m pretty sure I read if you flip the lens you might comprise the seal.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
I have had no problems with the rigid lights I put on my Raptor. In the instructions I’m pretty sure I read if you flip the lens you might comprise the seal.

Well if that’s true, the sealing method is junk. The BD are sealed with semi-captive o-rings so no funky gaskets the fu*k up.