Oh Rigid.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@jpar247 Before purchasing new lights, suggest going the warranty route. Rigid offers a limited lifetime on their lights and water instrusion is definitely covered.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you flipped the bezels, make sure to flip them back before you send them in for warranty or Rigid will deny the warranty claim.

Rigid makes a good product, but leaks happen from time to time. Don't spend any more money on other options until you at least exhaust the warranty process.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i don't run many rigids anymore. for the exact same reason. i have a ton of rigid cubes sitting in my garage. either water got in, or or the powdercoat came off. only lights i've had this happen to.
still run a 40" adapt, and 4x Q Sae driving lights. Hope those hold up.

I have read the same thing about Rigid products several times.

Kyle Nezat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep and there warranty sucks now. I have a pair of q series the reflective chrome inside is peeling I asked them about repairing and they said they won’t do it unless I have proof of purchase which I do not anymore.

Drgonzo3000

Reaction score
This is why my cheap ass just buys the Traveler cube lights from Tractor Supply. I'm way too abusive on shit to be dropping almost $1k on pods lights to be replacing them every year.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, you can buy the good stuff once or the cheap shit every year. There is more to lighting than longevity and warranty as well. They must actually perform their job.

^^ THIS ^^

I have BD lights on my 2018 that have lasted 3+ years without a single issue. I have no fog, no water, no discoloration, the paint looks great and they perform fantastically like they did when I installed them. It would have cost me more in time, hassle and money if I had to replace cheap crap lights every year.

I like them so much, I just installed a complete set on my 2021 Tremor!

Tremor-Front.jpg

Tremor Rear Lights.jpeg

Last edited:

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a note, I bet Rigid only honors the warranty if they were purchased through an authorized vendor, which wouldn't include Amazon or eBay. If you bought them off Amazon or eBay, they probably aren't actually Rigid lights.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have less then 10,000kms on this setup and look at these. I have barely any on the outside Ambers and they've already sprung a leak. Am I missing something. Are they not supposed to be mounted this low. Never been pressure washed, only hose pressure and wash mitt. The Baja Designs are clear as can be. Really disappointed with Rigid. I've seen Chinese lights hold out moisture longer.

Sorry about the terrible pictures. Anyone switch out to BDs with the Rigid bracket?

thanks View attachment 164444 View attachment 164443 View attachment 164442 View attachment 164445

Like others have said, definitely contact Rigid and warranty before buying new lights.

Every company is going to require proof of purchase.

Rarely do we see seal issues like this with Baja and Rigid. However, it does happen. Sorry you're having issues.