Oh Rigid.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpar247

Reaction score
I have less then 10,000kms on this setup and look at these. I have barely any on the outside Ambers and they've already sprung a leak. Am I missing something. Are they not supposed to be mounted this low. Never been pressure washed, only hose pressure and wash mitt. The Baja Designs are clear as can be. Really disappointed with Rigid. I've seen Chinese lights hold out moisture longer.

Sorry about the terrible pictures. Anyone switch out to BDs with the Rigid bracket?

thanks 048A5121-0460-4B30-8D28-070F7EACEF19.jpeg A0943D95-DA3E-40E6-AB9D-9655EF122B3D.jpeg 0EE83FE0-5FED-428F-9BEA-1C032B972FC7.jpeg EE688158-341C-4719-B892-46E694581380.jpeg

snt505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you contacted Rigid about being replaced under warranty? I’m surprised to see this. Rigid has a good name.

I was going to suggest the same thing. I'm sure they will swap them out. However, it is interesting that most or all of his lights lost the seal. It does seem like it's systematic in the design as opposed to some one off issues.

I'd still get the replacements though even if you don't use them.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Aren't those going on the Gen 3? I would contact them about the issue, they should honor them.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i don't run many rigids anymore. for the exact same reason. i have a ton of rigid cubes sitting in my garage. either water got in, or or the powdercoat came off. only lights i've had this happen to.
still run a 40" adapt, and 4x Q Sae driving lights. Hope those hold up.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are many that try, but no one has yet equaled Baja Design lighting. You can buy cheaper, but nothing is as good as BD...
Diode dynamics for SAE Fog, Sae Driving and yellow lights. They are better if you need or want SAE

snt505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aren't those going on the Gen 3? I would contact them about the issue, they should honor them.

Yep. And also on Toyota OEM for the TRD application. I personally think that's probably part of it. Maybe focus has shifted to satisfying those customers (B2B) and the higher end products.

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that these lights are installed upside down. There are two ways of having "Rigid" read right side up, you either purchase additional mounting hardware, take the lens off and reinstall it right side up.

It looks like you have the addition hardware. Were the lenses ever removed? As stated above, it is odd that more than one sprung a leak.