offset question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor24

Reaction score
I'm interested in the kmc xd misfit (black) in 20x9, 0mm offset with the 35x12.5 nitto trail grappler mt tires. can anyone tell me if i would have any rubbing issues with this setup? i do not plan on leveling or have any suspension mods done to my truck. thanks!

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
alrighty then let's see, 9" wheel is really approx 10" edge to edge so with a 0mm offset it's going to be 5" backspace and 5" front space.

The stock wheel is 8.5" (really 9.5") with 3.41 front space, 6.08 back space.

the wheel its self would stick out 1.59" more than stock, in addition to the tires being slightly wider.

My guess is yes they will come close to the back side of the fender on full turn and will definitely catch the fender if you compress the suspension too much.

OP
OP
R

raptor24

Reaction score
thanks! let me ask you another question. how about a 18mm offset? if i were to decide on the 0mm offset, would it be a safer bet to go with 33" tires to avoid rubbing or would that be too small or it doesn't make any difference anyway? thanks!

EAvila

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too am trying to decide between 1mm vs. 14mm offset (on Fuel 20" wheels with Toyo 35x12.5 M/Ts). If anyone has pics of their setup with similar offsets, please post as I need to decide by Monday. Thanks in advance.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
thanks! let me ask you another question. how about a 18mm offset? if i were to decide on the 0mm offset, would it be a safer bet to go with 33" tires to avoid rubbing or would that be too small or it doesn't make any difference anyway? thanks!

18mm offset would be better, they will stick out a bit more than stock but shouldn't rub with stock tires.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I too am trying to decide between 1mm vs. 14mm offset (on Fuel 20" wheels with Toyo 35x12.5 M/Ts). If anyone has pics of their setup with similar offsets, please post as I need to decide by Monday. Thanks in advance.

14mm for sure.