Offroading High Speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JP7

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Thought you guys might like to hear the landowner's perspective.

I have a couple sections of cultivated ground without fences where I grow wheat, beans and corn. Couple times a year (usually when I have a crop planted) some nice young fellow would drive his vehicle throughout my field, spinning donuts, cutting huge ruts(that take hours of going over with a disc and spring tooth) and throwing his beer cans out the window.

Well, two years ago I caught this SOB because he got stuck! Haahaahaahaaha. So I went and got my tractor with loader and bale spear to assist this young man in getting unstuck.

Damn if I didn't accidentally stick that bale spear through his door a couple times trying to lift him out of that mudhole! ****** don't respect my property, I don't respect his.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not going to shoot anyone for trespassing. Just **** with their shit. You see, there's a part of our society that feels entitled to do anything they want and that just ****** me off. I worked many years to accumulate what I have and I kinda feel protective about it.

OK, carry on.:mwah1:

JP, this is not directed at you. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

Madcow - you're not coming across as an ass - and I was never that kid stuck in the field! (Friends were, but I had a Ford so i didn't have that problem)
You have every right to protect and defend your property - especially being in the business you're in. It's comparable to my work specifying and inspecting a roof installation - then finding someone walking across it with golf spikes on...
Places I go, I try not to leave a mark (unless it's already tore up) because its basic human decency.
I "slipped" into a mud puddle yesterday while playing around with NV Guy - at some point he may post up a pic or two of it, but it was fun and no harm was done to the trails in the 4 hours or so we were out there.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Madcow - you're not coming across as an ass - and I was never that kid stuck in the field! (Friends were, but I had a Ford so i didn't have that problem)
You have every right to protect and defend your property - especially being in the business you're in. It's comparable to my work specifying and inspecting a roof installation - then finding someone walking across it with golf spikes on...
Places I go, I try not to leave a mark (unless it's already tore up) because its basic human decency.
I "slipped" into a mud puddle yesterday while playing around with NV Guy - at some point he may post up a pic or two of it, but it was fun and no harm was done to the trails in the 4 hours or so we were out there.

:cheers:

OP
OP
JP7

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Alright - finally got one of the videos to load, the others look like they'l take all night. Here's one of me chasing NV Guy through some trails yesterday.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Edit - Ok - I fixed it I think...
Having You-tube issues, but its due to ****** bandwidth at these hotels I'm at. More later.

Last edited:

tahoeacr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my request yesterday both JP7 and nvguy got ahold of me. We meet up today and I led them out to a different area. Jumped in with JP7 and had a blast. These trucks work well. JP7 offered to let me drive. Didn't take long to say yes to that one:waytogo:. Thanks alot *******. That cost me 50K. Now I got to have one:ROFLJest:.

Attachments

• P4110654.jpg
    P4110654.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 40
  • P4110656.jpg
    P4110656.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,014
OP
OP
JP7

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
From my request yesterday both JP7 and nvguy got ahold of me. We meet up today and I led them out to a different area. Jumped in with JP7 and had a blast. These trucks work well. JP7 offered to let me drive. Didn't take long to say yes to that one:waytogo:. Thanks alot *******. That cost me 50K. Now I got to have one:ROFLJest:.

Lol Jeff - I'm glad you had fun and well - what's 50 grand in the big picture? (when you get to feel like you're 18 again)... You guys have awesome places to play with this truck and I'm glad you shared some of them with me - it has certainly been the higlight of my trip so far and I thank you and Bob sincerely.

As for the comments yesterday about mudding - a difficult situation can sometimes be overcome with determination (I'm stubborn). Rather than giving up and pullin out the strap, I find it much more fun to play and see how the machine will perform. Too bad you didn't get a vid of us getting into that little mess... The "aw shit, Bobs probably laughing his ass off again" part would have been good :)

One thing about wheeling is that you go along at your own pace with what you are comfortable with and what seems to make sense. The more people you play with over the years, the more you learn what trucks are capable of because of what others do to them in tight situations. I've had the benefit of learning from dozens of other drivers over the years and been able to apply that to situations I find myself in.

I learned a lot yesterday about high speed wheeling and certainly pushed the envelope a bit. I'm still learning and have a long way to go - but the process is purely enjoyable.

Cheers,
JP

tahoeacr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for the comments yesterday about mudding - a difficult situation can sometimes be overcome with determination (I'm stubborn). Rather than giving up and pullin out the strap, I find it much more fun to play and see how the machine will perform. Too bad you didn't get a vid of us getting into that little mess... The "aw shit, Bobs probably laughing his ass off again" part would have been good :)

I learned a lot yesterday about high speed wheeling and certainly pushed the envelope a bit. I'm still learning and have a long way to go - but the process is purely enjoyable.

Cheers,
JP

I grew up in the high desert so driving fast on the dirt was done to keep from being a bored youth. Plus I have attended a few driving schools at Willow Springs Raceway. But this mud thing you talk about? Whats that:ROFLJest:. The only time I saw mud was if the radiator boiled.
Now snow, that's different. Can't wait til next year when I can get a winter set-up dialed in on the truck

Attachments

• sliding1a.jpg
    sliding1a.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 33
  • evo1.jpg
    evo1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
JP7

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
The video is PRIVATE>> Might need to change that

I think I fixed it Iron - check it out and lemme know.

I have another bunch of vids to upload from playing this week - but am having issues with the hotel internet speeds so it's a bit painfull. I may have to wait till I get back home Saturday to get shit online with a fiber optic connection.

NV Guy and I had a good laugh when I mounted the Drift cam on my side window - but forgot to shut the ******* mirror... Sorry BRDRAG, I gotta borrow the "*******' term for those vids, but as some turned out pretty cool, I will post later.