Official R Delivered Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked to Ford Performance this past Monday (as I do each week). FP says the truck has been built for 3 weeks. There is no plant hold on it, so it is waiting on a train/enough vehicles headed to my dealer/Houston to ship? I sent this information to my dealer. They say they have two other Rs showing the same ststus as mine, so they contacted their "Ford Rep" - and she couldn't tell my dealer what they are waiting on... My dealer said to me, "hopefully not much longer"... The delay doesn't really agitate me but for one piece of it...nobody can tell me why, not even the Ford rep. That piece is BS.
my R was built 10 weeks ago and still no movement

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is totally different from the crank seal problem from earlier this year? How did you find this out? (I appreciate the intel).
Yes, i know of at least one truck that had crank seal leaks. Final straw replacing long block. I asked a good friend who is retired engineer and said only reason the would replace long block on oil leak is if crankshaft issue. Another source said yes crankshaft issue in “some” trucks.
Total unknown how widespread the crankshaft issue is or how they will determine which trucks have it which do not. Seems reasonable to assume all these R’s have been on hold until they know for certain the oil leak issue fixed.

At same time i have been following the eco raptor. They never slowed production. Here local i checked inventory and there were 74 available at only 5 dealers.
Many said recent arrival.

All the R’s that were showing at least west of Mississippi vanished from inventory data.

Don’t think any chip changes between regular and R.

Best i can tell R’s will start back production May 8th.
Mine still says Week of May 15th
Others i know pushed to June.

This is just all my opinion/speculation after lots of digging in.

Will see what happens next Wednesday or Thursday.

Non-Sense

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in the Midwest, there haven’t been any new listings either. Just the same ones that have been there forever asking roughly 160k and used ones for 150-160.

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F-P seems to be in panic mode. Biggest flop in F-P history. Worse than the HP claims on Cobras years ago.
R is more expensive than a F450 Limited yet flop after flop.

I am ok with the 9 month wait but getting impatient now.
Keeping hopes up mine will be built and shipped in the Month of may.

I cannot imagine the mess with all R’s sitting outside just waiting the how do they fix them all if they need timing covers/seals or longblocks or SuperChargers.

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FPRS says they can’t count all the R’s they have gotten. I would assume they are the test trucks media had. Seems they may have been on hold too as FPRS just said this week the R’s started rolling in.
Maybe they have some new also. Pic i saw they posted trucks looked new.
Only time will tell. I think that will be next week or prior to end of April

Non-Sense

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kind of p!sses me off that Dodge can shell out so many TRX’s and Ford botches this. As a big time Ford guy, I wanted this to be a seamless rollout coming from a current Gen 3 37 and 2020 GT500 owner.

Last edited: