Official Gen 3 COBB Tuning Thread - Accessport, Intake Bracket, etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just installed mine.

Took 20 minutes.

I didn't wait, I immediately drilled the holes bigger. Not sure how they fit stock..

I'd love an entire intake.

On another note... Would anyone have any idea why I have a COBB sticker on my intake? I mean that, what part could have been installed from COBB? I don't see many options and that's the only COBB thing I can find, is a sticker...
Ok, thanks. I will order this weekend. Again I'd much rather the entire intake but it doesn't seem like they make this yet.

Is the vehicle used? If you are the second owner, my best guess is that the person who owned it before you had a COBB tune on it. Comes with the sticker and put it on the air box? or they just had a leftover COBB sticker from another vehicle and put it on to make it look cooler. I don't like either scenario, lol

ChrisMcP05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 380808

We are excited to announce the availability of Accessport tuning, bolt-on power upgrades, and Accesstuner Pro custom tuning support for Ford’s Gen 3 F-150 Raptor. We initially released tuning support for the Gen3’s predecessor, the Gen2 Raptor, back in January of 2019. Much like the Gen2, the updated Gen3 is still powered by a 3.5L Twin-Turbocharged V6 EcoBoost engine and is prime for tuning. Some slight tweaks by Ford do allow the newer trucks to make a bit more power, something we certainly aren’t complaining about. This initial launch of 2021-2022 Ford Raptor tuning includes a 50-State Legal Accessport and Off The Shelf (OTS) maps as well as Accesstuner Pro to allow for custom tuning by any of our Authorized Protuners.

During our development, we also uncovered the need for an all-new product, our Intake Snorkel Bracket, that is immensely valuable to any modern EcoBoost powered F-150. More on that below.

View attachment 380809

ACCESSPORT FOR GEN 3 2021-2022 FORD RAPTOR

The Accessport is the world’s best selling, most flexible, and easiest to use ECU tuning solution for your 2021-2022 Ford Raptor. It allows you to increase power by replacing conservative factory settings with more aggressive calibrations, and more! The Accessport is in-cabin mountable and has a large, full color, high-resolution screen which allows you to monitor up to six parameters in real time. It is fully customizable from the look (optional bezel colors), layout (set up race, street, or dyno gauge clusters), and mounting options (choose from 1,000s of standard vehicle mounts).

Both Engine and Transmission tuning are supported in one part number, the AP3-FOR-010.

The ECU Maps below are available in two flavors each, one for 91 octane fuel and one for 93 octane fuel. Power gains for 93 octane are displayed below, gains for 91 octane fuel are displayed on our Map Notes Page ( Stage 1 91, Stage 2 91, and Performance Tow 91).

• Stage0 v100
  • Stage1 v100
  • Stage2 v100
  • Performance Tow v100
For full details of each Performance Map, visit our Map Notes Page.

POWER GAINS​

Static graphs are below, head over to the Accessport Product Page, Map Notes Page, or to our COBB Blog Article for dynamic dyno charts.
View attachment 380810

View attachment 380811

View attachment 380812

TRANSMISSION TUNING​

One significant change to the Gen3 Raptor is the ECU/TCM configuration as they are now a combined unit, similar to the 2020+ F-150. One benefit of this is that the Accessport only needs to install onto one module instead of two, making installation time much quicker. What it also means is that map selection during install may be a bit different as each ECU Performance map is able to be flashed in conjunction with any of the available TCM maps.

AVAILABLE TCM MAPS​

Simulated Stock

Factory transmission tune from 2021/2022 Raptor

COBB OEM+

• Shift Points
    • Moderately increased RPM limits on upshifts
    • Altered shift behavior for more responsive downshifts
  • Shift Firmness
    • Moderately increased during high power/RPM shifts in Normal and Sport mode
  • Upshift Backout
    • Upshift inhibit (zero Accelerator pedal position gear-holding) in ‘Sport’ mode following high-power acceleration and throttle backout has been disabled. Stock behavior would inhibit upshift until pedal position is re-applied above ~10%.
  • Torque Limits
    • Increased torque limits for more aggressive launches and acceleration
COBB Sport

• Shift Points
    • Moderately increased RPM limits on upshifts over OEM+ map
    • Altered shift behavior for even more responsive downshifts over OEM+ map
  • Shift Firmness
    • Moderately increased during high power/RPM shifts in Normal and Sport mode
  • Upshift Backout
    • upshift inhibit (zero Accelerator pedal position gear-holding) in ‘Sport’ mode following high-power acceleration and throttle backout has been disabled. Stock behavior would inhibit upshift until pedal position is re-applied above ~10%.
  • Torque Limits
    • Increased torque limits for more aggressive launches and acceleration
TCM Map Notes

COBB CUSTOM FEATURES​

View attachment 380813

COBB Custom Features: Dynamic Pedal Control

• Dynamic Pedal Control allows you to quickly adjust throttle pedal sensitivity easily. The system works by modulating from the throttle mapping found in your current drive mode (i.e. Drive/Normal, Mud/Sand, Sport) and some predetermined maximum and minimum sensitivity levels. Each step negative (-1 – -5) decreases throttle sensitivity which can help achieve better mpg, or a quick detune if someone less responsible is driving. When stepping positive (1-10) you’ll be making smaller pedal movements have a much bigger impact on the throttle which can help the car feel faster and more responsive.
COBB Custom Features: Tire Size Adjustment

• Tire Sized Adjustment does just what it seems it would. This feature allows those with up-sized tires to apply a correction to the truck’s ECU and TCM to ensure accurate behavior and speed display.

View attachment 380814

Intake Scoop Bracket, aka 'TORQ SNORK'

Introducing the COBB Intake Bracket, known internally as the “Torq-Snork”. This brace uses two pieces to sandwich the soft plastic snorkel to the core support, replacing the fragile plastic clips with hardware and preventing all deformation under load. All you need is a flathead screwdriver to pop the old clips out and the provided Allen key to secure the hardware.

We can frequently achieve reliable power and torque gains over the stock calibration without installing any physical modifications, but when developing our performance calibrations for the Gen3 Raptor, we noticed some interesting issues with the intake system after only adding a small amount of power.

The leading edge of the snorkel that rises from the lower airbox to overtop of the radiator core support is constructed of very soft, very thin rubber. Making things worse, a significant portion of the cross sectional area of this piece seals against the hood of the truck, making the actual airflow path pretty thin. This system works okay in factory form, but when turning up the boost we’ve seen it turn into a big problem and collapse under vacuum. In the dyno graph below you can see the difference between a clean pull (red) with the bracket in place and two pulls where a partial (green) and complete (blue) collapse occurs.

View attachment 380815

This collapse can lead to significant power loss and increased wear on engine components, namely the turbochargers, if not addressed. CLICK HERE for a complete technical write-up showing the effect this issue can have on your truck!

ADDITIONAL PARTS​

On top of the Accessport and Torq Snork, we do offer additional products for your Gen3 Ford Raptor! Anything from aftermarket off-road wheels by Titan7 to COBB branded WeatherTech Floor Liners as well as hitch accessories.

View attachment 380816

View attachment 380817

View attachment 380818

COMING SOON…

Here is a sneak peak of a part we have in development to provide a solution to the performance limitation of the factory shroud, while adding some under-hood bling! Keep your eyes on our website for the launch of this product in the months to come.

View attachment 380819
Any deals to be had for those with a v3 ecu/tcm tuner for a 2020 Gen 2 who would want to upgrade to an accessport that will work on the 2023 Gen 3?

OP
OP
COBB Tuning

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Any deals to be had for those with a v3 ecu/tcm tuner for a 2020 Gen 2 who would want to upgrade to an accessport that will work on the 2023 Gen 3?
We don't yet have support for the 2023 model year, but when that is released we do have an Accessport part number change option available. Reach out to our customer service team to process via email ([email protected]) or phone (866) 922-3059. Keep in mind that you will still need to send in your ECU to be unlocked.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to remove the AP for a dealer visit. Noticed the auto start/stop functionality did not return. Activating the dash button would not do anything. Has anyone else experienced this?

Little concerned it’s not actually reverting to OEM when removed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
COBB Tuning

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Cobb, if im local can I come to you for pcm unlock instead of mailing?
Yeah, we can do that! But it'll need to be by-appointment to make sure that we have team members ready to process the ECU. We're having our 'First Thursday' car meet at our HQ in Austin this upcoming Thursday (Feb. 2nd) - swing on by and we can get y'all setup, take a tour of the shop, and check out some cool cars. Otherwise, please reach out to our customer service team via email or phone to setup a time that works for all parties involved.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
received an email from Cobb. they have the shroud available for the gen 3 now. dang. I just got the bracket and installed it and zip tied the OEM shroud down.

may have to get that and the radiator overflow fluid cover too.

looks pretty sweet.