Official Gen 3 COBB Tuning Thread - Accessport, Intake Bracket, etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
COBB Tuning

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have an Accessport from my 2018. Can it be reprogramed for a 2023?
We currently only have support for 2021-2022 Gen3 Raptors, but 2023 support is in the works. We'll post here and on our social media/newsletter when 2023 support is released. When that happens, reach out to our customer service team ([email protected]) and they'll get you setup with the Accessport part number change!

nate_13

Reaction score
i just loaded cobbs stage 2 tune, man shes a beast! spun the 37’s all the way throughout 1/2nd gear, i may be crazy but the idle sounded much better too, i do have a question maybe goose can answer, whats the difference between all the tunes
Some say sport +tcm and some say stock duplicate or something to that effect, and i was curious what the difference was? im gonna dyno tune her with goose, but i just wanted to play around since i cant make it out there until the new year.

OP
OP
COBB Tuning

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i just loaded cobbs stage 2 tune, man shes a beast! spun the 37’s all the way throughout 1/2nd gear, i may be crazy but the idle sounded much better too, i do have a question maybe goose can answer, whats the difference between all the tunes
Some say sport +tcm and some say stock duplicate or something to that effect, and i was curious what the difference was? im gonna dyno tune her with goose, but i just wanted to play around since i cant make it out there until the new year.
Great to hear the positive feedback!

Unlike the Gen2 Raptor that had separate control modules for the engine and transmission, the Gen3 Raptor uses a single module to control both. When selecting a map to install with the Accessport, you are choosing both the engine calibration and transmission calibration. All of our Stage1 87/91/93 OCT, Stage2 87/91/93 OCT, and Performance Tow 91/93 OCT calibrations are each available with the Simulated Stock, COBB OEM+, and COBB Sport transmission calibration versions. Altogether with the Anti-Theft and Stage0 tunes, it's a total of 26 tunes that you can choose from on the Accessport. Here is a general overview of the transmission calibration versions:

Simulated Stock: A completely stock transmission tune, outside of raised torque limits.

COBB OEM+: Increased upshift schedules, more sensitive downshift schedules, mildly firmer shifts, removal of upshift backout inhibit in Sport drive mode, and increased torque limits. Essentially a trans. cal that won't bog down the engine as much as stock, is more responsive than stock, but overall feels pretty close to stock.

COBB Sport: Increased upshift schedules (more than OEM+), more sensitive downshift schedules (more than OEM+), firmer shifts, removal of upshift backout inhibit in Sport drive mode, modified torque converter unlock/slip/lock schedules, and increased torque limits. This is the trans. cal that I always choose when driving our development Gen3 Raptor. The shift schedule changes are still subtle enough that the truck doesn't feel frenetic or wasteful, but combined with the modified torque converter behavior makes the truck feel way more responsive.

Another fun fact - for the few dozen ECUs we've processed so far, we are at a 100% fulfillment rate on same-day turnaround for ECUs! So long as UPS does their job, vehicle downtime should be just around 48hrs. Note that we are not open on weekends, so shipments that arrive on a Saturday or Sunday won't be processed until Monday. Similarly, ECUs that arrive on a Friday will still be returned same-day, but UPS may not make a Saturday delivery.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you just running the OTS Cobb stage 2 map now? Will you be getting Goosetuned to sharpen the tune for you?