Official Gen 3 COBB Tuning Thread - Accessport, Intake Bracket, etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does it fit on the G2?

It fits just fine. As @jm77 stated above, the bend in the bracket is off just slightly for the left nut plate hole to line up “freely”. Rather than drill out the hole in the truck header panel, I just used a long screwdriver, slipped it under the plastic from the rear(engine side) and pushed the plate forward to align the nut plate to the hole. Easy peasy, no drilling required.

Knowing this, you may can just bend the bracket a bit more (nut plates closer together) prior to install and it should line up with no additional effort.

Cobb put little tabs on it to hold it to the header panel, but the bent over piece isn’t quit long enough to keep the bracket located firmly against the header. It may just straighten out in shipping/handling after the initial bending as metal will tend to go back into its original shape after a bend.

Last edited:

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It fits just fine. As @jm77 stated above, the bend in the bracket is off just slightly for the left nut plate hole to line up “freely”. Rather than drill out the hole in the truck header panel, I just used a long screwdriver, slipped it under the plastic from the rear(engine side) and pushed the plate forward to align the nut plate to the hole. Easy peasy, no drilling required.

Knowing this, you may can just bend the bracket a bit more (nut plates closer together) prior to install and it should line up with no additional effort.

Cobb put little tabs on it to hold it to the header panel, but the bent over piece isn’t quit long enough to keep the bracket located firmly against the header. It may just straighten out in shipping/handling after the initial bending as metal will tend to go back into its original shape after a bend.
My issue was that the bracket needed to slide forward more but was already bottomed out on the rear tabs. It was only a tiny bit, like a 1/32 or under 1/16. But it was enough to not let the screws get started. This was on a Gen3

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score

What does it do, basically clamp the inlet snorkel to the top of the radiator support/panel? On the G2 I haven’t seen any of that move around at all, have you?

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does it do, basically clamp the inlet snorkel to the top of the radiator support/panel? On the G2 I haven’t seen any of that move around at all, have you?
Yes Gen2, no collapsing seen/felt on mine. Just belt & suspenders…, because it’s available & cheap.

Hambone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shout out to Kyle at Cobb!
I ordered the snorkel bracket last week, showed delivered by UPS, but no box. Called in to see if they had a more detailed delivery summary, but ended up with a new bracket being shipped out! Above and beyond, excellent customer experience!