Official Gen 3 COBB Tuning Thread - Accessport, Intake Bracket, etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Cobb intake bracket came today so I installed it on my 2018. It’s a good product for cheap even if the Gen2 doesn’t really “need” it.

I should have taken at least one photo, but … maybe tomorrow.

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Cobb intake bracket came today so I installed it on my 2018. It’s a good product for cheap even if the Gen2 doesn’t really “need” it.

Nice. You gotta hold your tongue just right to line it up correctly. The next one I might take 15 mins. First one took me 45 mins and a few curse words.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

it needs it. I wish i had it on my gen2 years ago. Would have saved me a ton of stress and 1 trip to the dealer LOL.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the intake bracket today. One of the holes on the truck had to be drilled out slightly larger to allow the threads on the bracket to line up. Not entirely hard and I’m sure there is slight variation from truck to truck.

Should be some peace of mind now. Those with the earlier version of the plastic cover should really think about updating that cover. It’s pretty clear how much more fresh air the new cover with cutout should provide. Will be interesting to see what advantage the Cobb cover will provide when they release it.

Attachments

• 35CB2085-00E1-4848-8284-9E0A44A391F6.jpeg
    35CB2085-00E1-4848-8284-9E0A44A391F6.jpeg
    201.9 KB · Views: 138

impactbumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking to get on with this after New Years; it is hectic at work and can’t do without a truck. Looking fwd to hear from early adopters