Official Gen 3 COBB Tuning Thread - Accessport, Intake Bracket, etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FREEZE451

Reaction score
Hey @COBB Tuning,

- If we on the peasant 35 models, add 37" tires and change the settings in Forscan the following questions come to mind:

1.) Does the forscan change need to be reverted to 35's prior to the tune being applied, then changing of the tire size in the accessport afterwards?

2.) Does the tune calibration change if the tires on the 35 model are increased from a 35 to 37? I know the size can be changed, but is there any calibration difference, or does the tune run soley on the idea that there are tires on the truck and it is what it is?

Hopefully those questions make sense..

OP
OP
COBB Tuning

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey @COBB Tuning,

- If we on the peasant 35 models, add 37" tires and change the settings in Forscan the following questions come to mind:

1.) Does the forscan change need to be reverted to 35's prior to the tune being applied, then changing of the tire size in the accessport afterwards?

2.) Does the tune calibration change if the tires on the 35 model are increased from a 35 to 37? I know the size can be changed, but is there any calibration difference, or does the tune run soley on the idea that there are tires on the truck and it is what it is?

Hopefully those questions make sense..
We haven't tested to see if ForScan tire size changes play nicely with an installed AP. For that reason, to be conservative I would recommend reverting the tire size change back to stock with ForScan prior to installing the Accessport. Then, use the Tire Size change function on the Accessport.

The only impact that tire size will have on the calibration is for the speed limiter. Torque requests and transmission shifting behavior are all done based either on engine speed or transmission output shaft speed which won't be impacted by programmed tire size.

Parappa The Rapta

Reaction score
Any performance numbers for this tune? Any Gen 3 guys taken it to the track? Have a 23 so I'll have to wait but I'm interested. My only concern is a decrease in longevity.

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any performance numbers for this tune? Any Gen 3 guys taken it to the track? Have a 23 so I'll have to wait but I'm interested. My only concern is a decrease in longevity.

+45whp. +65 torque with Cobb OTS Stage 1 93 tune
GooseTuned is claiming additional "30-40whp over the COBB OTS mapping"

On one of the GooseTuned videos he showed actual Stage 1 91 oct dyno results of 26whp over the COBB OTS tune:
Stock Tune 91 oct: 382whp
COBB OTS Stage1 91 oct: 418whp
GooseTuned Stage1 91 oct: 444 whp

COBB Accessport Product Page
Goosetuned Gen3 Product Page
Goosetuned Gen3 Videos

Last edited:

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly having my truck down for 48 hrs waiting on the ECU is really the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger right now. I hope to do it at some point where my wife is out of town during the week so I can drive her vehicle rather than rent one. Even driving from Frisco to Austin would end up being a minimum of 8 hrs for me and loss of a day of work. She is going to be out of town from Fri - Sun next week but they can't do the ECU turnaround on weekends. This makes it difficult to hide the tune from both the Ford service department as well as the wife :D I really don't want to have to explain to her why my brand new truck is inoperable for a couple days.

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation and being responsive. I'll be ordering some parts
Just did the install of the shroud, bracket and coolant cover. I had no alignment issues with the intake bracket. I was able to bend it so the holes lined up and I secured it with gaffer tape. hardest part was delicately turning the bracket bolt so it would catch the threads on the lower bracket.
@COBB Tuning - you might want to update the shroud instructions to include Removal of the 4 hex bolts prior to fitting the new shroud in place for those people who don't read thru all the instructions before starting and/or those who have not read this forum thread and learned from prior installs :)