Official 2023 Raptor R Order Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing yesterday. Was scheduled for 4/21, and went to unscheduled. This is maybe the fourth time I've been rescheduled. There is a new date, but you won't see it online for another week. The dealer or ford performance can tell you the new date before then, but not sure it matters much. Woozaa......

update: just texted with ford performance on mine, and it's been moved to week of 5/15. WOOZAA....
He said there was a bunch of R models moved to 5/15. He volunteered that info did not ask.

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here. Had a 4/21 build date now it’s not showing any date. Originally was 4/4.
You are most likely now one of the 5/15 week of R's
Call number I posted or do the chat thing with FP and you will most likely get same answer.

Quite obvious many R's getting moved, moved, moved they have a supply chain issue or other issue's during build.
Wish FoMoCo would simply be more direct and honest what is going on vs nothing.
I think they should just give HONEST info no matter what it is and I would be good with that.
Even if it was sorry we are not building any more R's then I could move on. Well over 3 yrs since announcement now wondering.

Way back in 2015 I ordered a new F150 in september got a vin next week then nothing. Finally July of '16 bought something else then a few weeks later the truck just showed up. I did go to look and drive it. But let it go to someone else.

Prior to that my last new truck order was 1998 I ordered a new F250 Lariat 7.3. From date of order I was driving truck in 6 weeks.

EK4

Reaction score
I noticed an order posted earlier said Retail. Is it a bad thing my order says Stock and my name is not on the order summary? What exactly is the difference here?

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed an order posted earlier said Retail. Is it a bad thing my order says Stock and my name is not on the order summary? What exactly is the difference here?
Total depends on integrity of dealer.
Some require huge deposits some none.
Usually the larger non refundable deposit the more the dealer hopes you bail so they can sell it again. I have seen dealers take non refundable deposits then still sell to someone else.
My dealer straight msrp no games. No deposit of any kind. Pay when & if it shows.
Sure wish i would have known prior it would be a full year before it showed ordering same day order banks opened.

EK4

Reaction score
Total depends on integrity of dealer.
Some require huge deposits some none.
Usually the larger non refundable deposit the more the dealer hopes you bail so they can sell it again. I have seen dealers take non refundable deposits then still sell to someone else.
My dealer straight msrp no games. No deposit of any kind. Pay when & if it shows.
Sure wish i would have known prior it would be a full year before it showed ordering same day order banks opened.
That is what worries me. the salesman said my deposit was refundable, although I don't have any paperwork stating that. I will say, the process of ordering a Raptor R from what I have been reading is the most unprofessional BS I have seen from dealerships.

sf2360

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It had a build date of 3/21, then moved to 5/4, and now moved to 4/24. I'm sure it will move again. Ford tracker show nothing.

berto2323

Reaction score
Ford Perfomance said mine is built, but off site. They said it is supposed to be at the dealer 4/13-4/18. Off site waiting for parts, inspection?
Ford Performance said mine was built as of 2/4 and is also sitting offsite (Ford's Dearborn Test Track). Delivery to dealer 4/6 thru 4/13. This delivery date has gotten bumped ahead every week since it was built. No reason given as to why.

jmhaywood0403

Reaction score
I swear Ford's logic around how to produce and ship vehicles makes no sense. I'm glad yours is built and hopefully shipping soon where as those of us built at an earlier date haven't moved out of in production status.
I run a Ford dealership and my R was built on 1-12-23. Has been on hold since. Micro chip hold. I have been following some Regular Raptors that go on hold and it appears 2 and a half months is the sweet spot for the next movement. Of course Ford gives zero info though

jmhaywood0403

Reaction score
Typical process in Canada as far as my experience goes

Let’s say Dealer has 4 allocations
Dealer builds 4 orders and uploads to Ford order system
Few days/weeks/months later Ford contacts Dealer they can only fulfil 2 (or ??) orders at the moment
Dealer decides which 2 get built first, in my case it was their Owner and myself
Vin numbers get assigned very Quickly 1-2 weeks and build dates around the same time.
Other 2 orders just sit there waiting to be picked up by ford.
If not picked up for current year they fall onto next year.

Nothing is stopping the dealers to just keep putting orders into Ford system just remember Ford will only pick orders when they allocate something to that dealer until then those orders not worth anything.

This process might be very similar to the US, except one thing I never got any email or updates from Ford for all my orders. Dealer gets all the updates until a VIN is assigned from there on I was able to track online.
I Run a Ford dealer. The only time the order matters is when Ford asks you for the order# you would like to use for the allocation. All the stores have been allocated the yearly number months ago. (Total Raptors including R broken out) so yes you can put as many orders in system but none of that matters. They ask for the order # and you give it to them. After that about 2 weeks and you receive a build date that means very little. My build date actually was really close but since being built 1-12-23 it has been on hold for micro chip. Hope to get some movement soon as I have seen regular raptors on hold get movement after about 2 1/2 months. Also if the dealer puts your email in you will receive some emails but nothing substantial. Scheduled build date, when it’s produced, and shipped.