Official 2023 Raptor R Order Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlapham

Reaction score
Crossing my fingers for you, especially if they follow through with MSRP. There’s a lot of dealers saying that and then when they receive the R they sell it out from under the original buyer. Hope this is not your case. I paid 20kADM for mine.
Yeah, I did a lot of reading on dealers, and contacted the ones with a reputation of not doing that. That being said, I'll plunk down a large deposit if/when I get a VIN number and build date.

dlapham

Reaction score
@Stormtrooper -- You seem to know you stuff. Is the part about having a decent chance when ordering from a dealer without allocation here true for the Raptor R, or just standard Raptor? I did order from a rural dealer that isn't next to an interstate. Not super small, but not a large city dealership for sure.

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My R has been at the Rail Yard for 3 weeks now... Salesman told me yesterday the rail yard workers are on strike o_O

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Stormtrooper -- You seem to know you stuff. Is the part about having a decent chance when ordering from a dealer without allocation here true for the Raptor R, or just standard Raptor? I did order from a rural dealer that isn't next to an interstate. Not super small, but not a large city dealership for sure.

The issue with these trucks particularly the 37pkg and more on the R is the available allocation which are hard to come by. Without an allocation, any dealer can put in your order and it will sit as an unscheduled/clean order for the entire year and will be removed once the order banks close for that given year.

The Rs are bringing big money on the coasts. 15-30k seems to be a solid deal on a R if the stars line up for you. Msrp is more of a unicorn than you might think and a lot of dealers have been changing their pricing once it delivers. Get a signed purchase agreement up front.

Last edited:

dlapham

Reaction score
The issue with these trucks particularly the 37pkg and more on the R is the available allocation which are hard to come by. Without an allocation, any dealer can put in your order and it will sit as an unscheduled/clean order for the entire year and will be removed once the order banks close for that given year.

The Rs are bringing big money on the coasts. 15-30k seems to be a solid deal on a R if the stars line up for you. Msrp is more of a unicorn than you might think and a lot of dealers have been changing their pricing once it delivers. Get a signed purchase agreement up front.
Thanks for that. Since I have a standard raptor on order also, and it's not a big deal to me if I don't get it, we'll just see how this goes. I'll report back here. Should be a fun experiment.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no way anyone is touching a R for msrp lol.

I am...:lol2:

dlapham

Reaction score
no way anyone is touching a R for msrp lol.

I'll keep you updated ;)