Official 2023 Raptor R Order Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VERNN

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford Tracker indicated shipped yesterday. Changed back to built awaiting shipment. Contacted Ford truck is still in Dearborn.

You ordered yours on 8/1, I ordered mine on 7/18 (an hour after release) and I still don't have any update. All I have is an order number & an email from 12/2 telling me about their supply chain shortages & how sorry they are. A bit aggravated at this point for sure.. it's like they're throwing a bunch of order #'s in a pot & have the machine randomly select. Again, just my frustration.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is at the train yard in Portland. ETA to the dealer is 2/1-7
Mine is currently in Portland as well. Dealer gave me the same ETA from the yard, and is now arranging a pickup to expedite getting it. They said they’re going to try to get it by the end of the week so I can have it by this weekend! We’ll see…

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Have you been in other Gen 3s? Curious, outside of the obvious power difference, if ride is similar. From my seat time in a Gen 3, your description is spot on. Feels like I am comparing a viper to a corvette. Both are insanely capable, viper just requires you to drive it hard to extract its performance while a corvette will enable most drivers to get to 80-90%.

Interior wise, I like the Gen 3 seats a little better and some of the layout but materials and fit/finish I lean to the TRX.
Yeah, I have driven a Gen 3 for a 100 miles or so, and it's the best riding pickup on the market. The R is pretty much identical. What I did notice taking the R through a sweeping high speed corner the other night is that it has a pretty amount of body roll to it. The first TRX I had was almost unnerving with how much body roll it had. The next couple I had perch collars installed, and it made it much more stable in those high speed sweepers. The R might benefit from that as well, or perhaps a rear sway bar. Cushy highway ride, but even in Sport mode it was a bit too much body roll for my liking. Even my wife noticed a difference from the passenger seat since it's a corner we take all the time in different vehicles.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have driven a Gen 3 for a 100 miles or so, and it's the best riding pickup on the market. The R is pretty much identical. What I did notice taking the R through a sweeping high speed corner the other night is that it has a pretty amount of body roll to it. The first TRX I had was almost unnerving with how much body roll it had. The next couple I had perch collars installed, and it made it much more stable in those high speed sweepers. The R might benefit from that as well, or perhaps a rear sway bar. Cushy highway ride, but even in Sport mode it was a bit too much body roll for my liking. Even my wife noticed a difference from the passenger seat since it's a corner we take all the time in different vehicles.
I've heard that about 37 model Gen 3s but was curious if they changed spring rates or anything on the R that made any difference. Not that either truck is exactly track car worthy haha.

Would love an R to go next to my TRX but not on your level just yet!

cashed

Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion about the average production time for the R?

My last two Raptor 37 packs took(or showed) 5-7 days for production. Are the guys with built units seeing about the same for days in production or is it a lottery like the current deliveries?

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Good info. I'm not wild about my 37 'floating' feeling say vs my old 35 (I get it--tire size--but). I think if R is as you described that might bother me over time...say after the new car smell is gone. Still want one, but good to hear these real world reviews. Appreciate.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will agree with the body-roll statement 100%. My 37 truck benefited from the 0 offset wheels and D rated Falkens allot. Cant wait to see with the new springs next Friday.