Official 2023 Raptor R Order Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was on that same train! Where’s yours being shipped to? Mine is headed to Oregon, then I’m either going to have it shipped to me from the dealer or also thinking about flying up there and driving it back to Orange County, CA.
Mine is headed to Oregon as well. I'll be driving out there from Idaho to pick it up.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! You going

Killer! You going to drive or ship it back to Idaho?
Driving back through the gorge. I've done it many times as I moved out of there in 2021. My local Xpel guy plotted some old PPF so I could apply before I drive back, then he'll do a proper job when I drop it off.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Driving back through the gorge. I've done it many times as I moved out of there in 2021. My local Xpel guy plotted some old PPF so I could apply before I drive back, then he'll do a proper job when I drop it off.
Nice! Ya I’ve been looking at shops to possibly have it wrapped up there, that’s really only why I’m considering having it shipped versus driving it back.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say the transmission is smoother, and the power delivery is more linear than the TRX. As most of the comparison tests have shown, the two trucks are pretty equal in speed depending on how you are racing (roll vs. from stationary). The R feels like a more tame/civilized truck than the TRX. i'm not saying that is good or bad. Just different. Still love the TRX. It's going to be interesting to see if I end up liking one more than the other. I think I might give the TRX a slight edge in interior finish. I need more seat time in the R though to be sure.
Have you been in other Gen 3s? Curious, outside of the obvious power difference, if ride is similar. From my seat time in a Gen 3, your description is spot on. Feels like I am comparing a viper to a corvette. Both are insanely capable, viper just requires you to drive it hard to extract its performance while a corvette will enable most drivers to get to 80-90%.

Interior wise, I like the Gen 3 seats a little better and some of the layout but materials and fit/finish I lean to the TRX.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Ya I’ve been looking at shops to possibly have it wrapped up there, that’s really only why I’m considering having it shipped versus driving it back.
Throw some track armor on it and do the break in drive home! Definitely temporary and won't look incredible for the drive but it will do the job of keeping the paint safe.

Orangelaw98

Reaction score
Ford Tracker indicated shipped yesterday. Changed back to built awaiting shipment. Contacted Ford truck is still in Dearborn.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230123_225838_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230123_225838_Chrome.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 13