Official 2023 Raptor R Order Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Blake

Reaction score
Just got a call from my salesman that the order was accepted yesterday. Same options as my 2022 37 (loaded) no idea about price but I do expect an ADM charge. Until money has exchanged hands and you have a VIN and contract, no price lock. Those saying they are at MSRP are fooling themselves, this is going to a very wanted vehicle and ADM’s will likely be high be prepared to pay 130+. And production will be limited. Good luck everyone and post pictures of your sales contract so we can take you seriously LOL.
Some dealers just don’t mark up vehicles bought both raptors and trx msrp or under

KurtLaut

Reaction score
Some dealers just don’t mark up vehicles bought both raptors and trx msrp or under
That maybe true, but if you want an "R" be prepared. The order verification you have there is standard issue, just means you order was accepted BUT doesn't mean you will get it, your salesman sent it to you to keep you happy !! the good news will be when the build starts and you are issued a VIN. I hope it works out good luck

Chris Blake

Reaction score
multiple dealers i had 3 orders in and all three notified me today with either good or bad news i had to call. also ask your dealer if your build got assigned a order# if not then you know what the answer is
I have an order number and authorization number and a tracking number any idea if that means an allocation

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an order number and authorization number and a tracking number any idea if that means an allocation
Ask the dealer you ordered it from how many allocations they have and what number you are on list. Dealer knows by now if and how many they will get.
Scheduling does not start until August 18. Job #1 is October 10. First delivery could be November but more often than not there are holds to release

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If this is the wrong thread to post this comment, please delete it.

I promise I’m not bragging. I like to flip vehicles. I’ve bought new and traded in 7 Porsches since 2015. I’m now on my 8th. I’m in my 4th Raptor. I love Raptors. Always looked at the Gen1 and wanted one. In 2017 when the Gen2 came out I got one. Then 3 more. Now my Gen3. Love it. Love this forum.

So tell me, why am I basically underwhelmed with the R and don’t feel a hankering to get one. Ok, everyone likes a V8 and lots of hp. Me too. My 2021 Cayenne GTS has a 4 liter V8 with an intoxicating cold start exhaust. It’s also pretty quick.
And it will do over 150 down the straight at a track.

But other than 0-60 and exhaust sound and I guess bragging rights, what does a V8 do for a Raptor? It’s limited to what, 115 because of the tires. The brakes have not been upgraded. It’s basically a Gen3 37” package with a few extra bits and a V8.

I realize value is hard to assess as it has differ meaning to different people. But even at sticker, it’s $26,000 more than a ‘22 Raptor with 35s. Is 0-60 in 4 seconds instead of 6 worth that kind of money? Does it tow considerably more? Does it have greatly increased payload? More ground clearance?

I‘m not judging anyone here. I wish you all well. I just don’t see the value. Especially with the ADMs.

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If this is the wrong thread to post this comment, please delete it.

I promise I’m not bragging. I like to flip vehicles. I’ve bought new and traded in 7 Porsches since 2015. I’m now on my 8th. I’m in my 4th Raptor. I love Raptors. Always looked at the Gen1 and wanted one. In 2017 when the Gen2 came out I got one. Then 3 more. Now my Gen3. Love it. Love this forum.

So tell me, why am I basically underwhelmed with the R and don’t feel a hankering to get one. Ok, everyone likes a V8 and lots of hp. Me too. My 2021 Cayenne GTS has a 4 liter V8 with an intoxicating cold start exhaust. It’s also pretty quick.
And it will do over 150 down the straight at a track.

But other than 0-60 and exhaust sound and I guess bragging rights, what does a V8 do for a Raptor? It’s limited to what, 115 because of the tires. The brakes have not been upgraded. It’s basically a Gen3 37” package with a few extra bits and a V8.

I realize value is hard to assess as it has differ meaning to different people. But even at sticker, it’s $26,000 more than a ‘22 Raptor with 35s. Is 0-60 in 4 seconds instead of 6 worth that kind of money? Does it tow considerably more? Does it have greatly increased payload? More ground clearance?

I‘m not judging anyone here. I wish you all well. I just don’t see the value. Especially with the ADMs.
I could order one at msrp but seeing they didnt do much except throw in the engine….once i delete the graphics it doesn’t really stand out for me. I had hoped for a more aggressive body styling . Oh well.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@MDJAK, the only reason to get the R is so you don’t have to get the ecoboost. Ford failed at this since 2017 by not offering another choice. Had they offered the 5.0 and the ecoboost, I bet many would be surprised by the take rate of each. Interestingly enough, the tremor now has the 5.0 and 3.5 eco as choices… I am curious where consumers will choose reliability over power.