Official 2023 Raptor R Order Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sf2360

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long did it take to get your VIN after you received your order confirmation email from Ford? This is what I got but haven't heard anything since and the dealer says you get the VIN shortly before you go into production, is this sound like what you went through?
I put my order in on 7/18 and got confirmation the following day. I then got several emails regarding delays, and the last one of those was back in December. My dealer reached out to me in January letting me know it was getting picked up. I had the first allocation for the R from him. here is the timeline
1/30 - Ford area manager asked my dealer to provide R they want to be built.
3/2 - Ford pulls my truck with priority 01
3/6 - VIN provided and first build date of 3/20
3/15 - build date changed to 3/27
3/25 - Build date changed to 5/1
4/17 - Build date changed to 5/24
5/17 - In production -
5/18 - window sticker - blend date 5/25
5/25 - build started and modules loaded

berto2323

Reaction score
I just got a call from the sales manager at my local dealership. He emailed a regional guy trying to get an answer as what is going on as I have been bugging them for an answer. He was told there are approximately 900 R's that were built waiting for a repair before they can be released. They can only process approximately 75 per week. They are hoping to have them all processed mid July to the end of July. They are not necessarily processing them for repair in the order they were built. One thought my sales manager had, they pack these vehicles into an area. When it comes time to pull one out for repair, they are pulling the easiest ones to get to without having to move others. That's his guess on why some are being repaired and released that had a later build date. I know the math at repairing 75 a week takes them until the middle of August. Mid to late July is what he was told. Possibly those numbers he was given were several weeks old? I also asked exactly what was being repaired to which he replied, "I was only told it's oil related".

Last edited:

craptorr

Reaction score
No update, order placed 9/20 with allocation and Ford conformation email, priority code 11, stoped getting emails in December like everything else, I have a build schedule at a 4x4 shop but it keeps getting pushed bc no Truck, we ordered Fiberwerx fenders so I hope it’s a 2023. Thanks for the updates everyone..

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was #3 on list at my dealer that got 6 allocations. Dealer called me 7/18 asking if I was ready to order. He sent me the order sheets and within 30 min sent him back what I wanted.
I did not receive a order confirmation but trusted the dealer
Finally on Feb 1st the dealer called to say the zone rep had called in for next allocation which was mine
My order changed from 19 to a priority #1 Don't have my notes but the VIN was pretty quick.
Then was scheduled a couple times in April then a few with actual build day in may.
It then went silent and showed last update 3/29/23
I heard absolutely nothing until yesterday 5/25 and found it was now scheduled for week of June 12th
Very exciting as feel it really will happen this time around.

Order info partial.JPG

Jww2124

Reaction score
Ordered 7/18/22
2/10/23 scheduled build
Finished 5/24/23
May have shipped today 5/29/23 (Rail)
Tracker went from showing built to now showing order confirmed. Date at the bottom updated

Last edited:

TYRCS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was #3 on list at my dealer that got 6 allocations. Dealer called me 7/18 asking if I was ready to order. He sent me the order sheets and within 30 min sent him back what I wanted.
I did not receive a order confirmation but trusted the dealer
Finally on Feb 1st the dealer called to say the zone rep had called in for next allocation which was mine
My order changed from 19 to a priority #1 Don't have my notes but the VIN was pretty quick.
Then was scheduled a couple times in April then a few with actual build day in may.
It then went silent and showed last update 3/29/23
I heard absolutely nothing until yesterday 5/25 and found it was now scheduled for week of June 12th
Very exciting as feel it really will happen this time around.

View attachment 409592
Is this a schedule for a regular Raptor or a Raptor-R?