Off-Roading Essential’s - What I Carry on the Trail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheCzar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was worried about the height at first but it hasn’t been an issue at all. As you can see all of my Tupperware boxes fit fine and the ease of removing either or both 1/2’s of the cover make it easy to get tall stuff in when the need may arise.
I swear by the CG, it makes it so dam easy to access all the bs I carry.
Make sure you GET THE XL, full extension, the 75% kind of defeats the purpose.
I mentioned above that I’ve been using them since 2010 when I got my Gen1. I first had a Bedslide and IMHO, it’s just not made as well as the CG. I’m on the trail a couple of times a week and the CG has never given me an issue. Every so often I will go through and tighten stuff on both the CG and the lid.
As soon as I can save the money I’m going back to a commercial type with the side bins. I’m going to put all of my Rescue/Recovery gear in the bins, freeing up the CG so I can mount a tire carrier to it. That will also solve any height issues which only means I will have more room, for MORE STUFF!!
Thank you!
Last question (that's a lie): Did you mount your proeagle to the CG or just strap it down? looks strapped based on your pics but was wondering about re-using the mount i have for it on the CG to be sure it doesn't roll around when I dont have anything else in the bed

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Thank you!
Last question (that's a lie): Did you mount your proeagle to the CG or just strap it down? looks strapped based on your pics but was wondering about re-using the mount i have for it on the CG to be sure it doesn't roll around when I dont have anything else in the bed
I used their mount and bolted it to the CG. Its not moving an inch ;)

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1. I admire this write up
2. That is a lot of shit, lol.

I went off-roading this weekend, in water, deep muddy holes, up and down hill, damn good degrees on some side hills. My best defense is not stopping and airing down to about 25 on the Falken AT3 W tires.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
1. I admire this write up
2. That is a lot of shit, lol.

I went off-roading this weekend, in water, deep muddy holes, up and down hill, damn good degrees on some side hills. My best defense is not stopping and airing down to about 25 on the Falken AT3 W tires.
Ohhh I would have been stuck then,
1. I’m to Lazy to Air-down
2. I have to stop every 200yds and take a picture, as you can see from my other threads :badidea::banana-mario::banghead: