Off-Roading Essential’s - What I Carry on the Trail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
But your pictures at A1 Sir! Speaking of Airing down, I just made the decision that I'm doing a beach run this weekend.

Lets go Brandon!
Bring your MaxTrax! When I do my thread about Rescue/Recovery on the Trail I’ll tell some MaxTrax tails. They have saved my Azzzz and other folks several times. They are the one of things I will never hit the Trail without having in the back. They have saved me from sliding over the edge of cliffs a few times.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it but do you carry?
I’m against any Firearms. Guns are Bad! The other day my neighbors ASSAULT WEAPON was strolling through my hood Randomly without provocation, shooting up the hood. I don’t think he even knew it had left the house w/o his permission!!
Those kind of incidents Really Scare Me! Only the Government should have Firearms, just like Russia, China etc.
The Government Always has my best interest and safety in mind, just ask any Native American!!206717A4-C8BF-4912-B030-237C88A1B1D3.jpeg9EC4D728-B082-4154-A364-C6864A9E8AA6.jpeg0E0F6604-4B18-43DA-BE9E-2573736A39BE.jpeg958E0479-9EBE-417E-B2A7-A0AA0AA1D826.jpeg8B1AD6F7-7BFB-484C-8BD8-20BE40657CE4.jpeg

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
I was looking at the 1000lb one. Weights in at 135 and is 3.75” thick. So if you had put things on top a few 4x4 laid flat, can the lid still close?! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NJ2Y0KM/?tag=fordraptorforum-20
No issue with the lid closing. Spend the extra money ( easy 4 me to spend your money, and get the one I listed. The raised edges are invaluable to keeping your stuff in place. They didn’t offer it in that configuration 10 years ago and every so often something would fall off and of course would end up going under or in back of the CG, thus keeping it from opening or closing properly until you fished that Mfing thing out :(
Fyi, when Im taking something tall for shorter distances, like my 5 gallon water bottles, ( Vegas tap water is un-drinkable ) I just bungee the lid closed with one of the 123 bungee cords I have with me…lol

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No issue with the lid closing. Spend the extra money ( easy 4 me to spend your money, and get the one I listed. The raised edges are invaluable to keeping your stuff in place. They didn’t offer it in that configuration 10 years ago and every so often something would fall off and of course would end up going under or in back of the CG, thus keeping it from opening or closing properly until you fished that Mfing thing out :(
Fyi, when Im taking something tall for shorter distances, like my 5 gallon water bottles, ( Vegas tap water is un-drinkable ) I just bungee the lid closed with one of the 123 bungee cords I have with me…lol
I was looking at the weight difference of the 2. All aluminum is nice. I tow as well so I can’t have the payload police get me for being so far over weight. I’m very curious about how much your truck weighs in at. Next time you see a Cat scale will you get weighed for kicks and giggles(and for us)?

muffinman1604

Reaction score
26. Tampons-4 GSW, help stop blood loss

Tampons aren't going to do very much for a GSW. That's old Fudd lore.
Please get an actual TCCC approved tourniquet like a CAT. You're not going to loose a limb, don't worry. And some gauze to wound pack with wouldn't hurt either. I think I can even send you a spare pack of combat gauze if you want. But the cheaper gauze from NAR works just as well.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
Tampons aren't going to do very much for a GSW. That's old Fudd lore.
Please get an actual TCCC approved tourniquet like a CAT. You're not going to loose a limb, don't worry. And some gauze to wound pack with wouldn't hurt either. I think I can even send you a spare pack of combat gauze if you want. But the cheaper gauze from NAR works just as well.
The Tampons are a joke…just so people think I’ve totally lost it :pepper::Big Laugh: I have the Israeli kit that came out many years ago that a lot of LE started carrying.
two tampons and some gauze works for sucking chest wound along with my AMX card..lol
The tampons also work as a brace to hold an open Femur Fracture in place to avoid the dreaded “Slicing of the Femoral Artery” if that happens a BOX of tampons and 4- Tourniquets would be handy! :grd:
If you have a spare pack of the CG I would gladly take it. That is missing from my bag, have gauze but can you ever have enough when faced with a substantial bleed??
Thank you Sir

muffinman1604

Reaction score
The Tampons are a joke…just so people think I’ve totally lost it :pepper::Big Laugh: I have the Israeli kit that came out many years ago that a lot of LE started carrying.
two tampons and some gauze works for sucking chest wound along with my AMX card..lol
The tampons also work as a brace to hold an open Femur Fracture in place to avoid the dreaded “Slicing of the Femoral Artery” if that happens a BOX of tampons and 4- Tourniquets would be handy! :grd:
If you have a spare pack of the CG I would gladly take it. That is missing from my bag, have gauze but can you ever have enough when faced with a substantial bleed??
Thank you Sir
Gotcha. As long as you know what you're doing then and you have some decent medical supplies to match your skillset, you'll be good.

I've got the combat gauze and actually have chest seals to spare as well. I'll message you.