Off-road Mode.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

FORD FOR LIFE

Reaction score
WOW I am impressed. Thanks for the info.I wonder if the SCT tunner has any thing to do with what I feel. What ORM? Also whats the fasted way to drag rcae on street?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
WOW I am impressed. Thanks for the info.I wonder if the SCT tunner has any thing to do with what I feel. What ORM? Also whats the fasted way to drag rcae on street?

the tuner "shouldn't" affect ORM, but it's probably adding a little more throttle response in normal street mode.

with that being said, if you have a tune, it's going to amplify the way ORM feels more sluggish. the ORM is designed to be somewhat sluggish off the line, but a beast in the power band, holding gears and throttle response returns to "normal" after 3000rpms or so.

this linear power curve ORM creates is ideal for off road situations where traction from a stop might be an issue. once you're moving though, it's all there for you.

Jackemuphigh21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is all great information guys. I had noticed these same attributes but suspected the causes to be close to what you guys are talking about. But now with a little enlightenment I know exactly why ORM acts the way it does. Not that I thought something was wrong with it, I knew there was a good reason it performed the way it does. Now I KNOW. Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
also, in case anyone didn't know this...you can downshift using your brake pedal in ORM. next time you go for a ride, engage ORM. get coasting down a hill and tap the brakes once - it will downshift. tap them again and it will downshift again.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
also, in case anyone didn't know this...you can downshift using your brake pedal in ORM. next time you go for a ride, engage ORM. get coasting down a hill and tap the brakes once - it will downshift. tap them again and it will downshift again.

It does this in T/H mode too I think. At least that was my experience when towing the other day.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I was dreaming or maybe the computer can detect when you have a trailer load behind you? Were you guys towing?