Off Road Mode Tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirt Bag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Experimented this week while railing some of the logging roads around me.
It seemed to me that while in off road mode and the traction control in sport mode it had better throttle response.
It was really loose, gravely, dusty with big rolling dips and I was off and on the gas a lot. Maybe just my imagination.
I invite anyone that has tried it to pipe in.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are nearly 6 "modes" in the raptor. the first three are without ORM mode on (various traction control settings), when you push the ORM buttom, it further modifies those modes. I think there is a chart in the owners manual explaining some of the small differences each button click makes. I use ORM mode when off road, running trails, or when I run a rallycross race. Seems to give me the best control (or lack there of) with the truck, but there are still significant drawbacks to the stabik-track / roll over nannies that are hard to defeat, without pulling ABS fuses or doing other modifications.

O lllll O

Reaction score
You're saying you like the stock ORM tuning?

I'm with you. I find it hard to believe that there are not more people frustrated with orm. I remember back in the day when you could actually "drive" a vehicle without all the babysitters. I don't need my truck to think or drive for me. I was equally frustrated with my 2012 Wrangler until I installed a Diablosport programmer allowing me to turn off all of it. Even with that the manual mode of the automatic tranny was a joke. At best it would hold a gear if desired but wouldn't except input if you wanted to upshift early (before redline) at wide open throttle.

I just ordered my SC etc. and will be having Livernois tune. I am hoping they will be able to adjust the parameters in either sport mode or orm. As it stands I want all the functionality of orm except the throttle and transmission calibrations and then use the full trac off. Goal: zero changes to throttle and tranny, less sensitive airbags, zero traction control, zero stability control, and full lock at any speed. I primarily offroad in the sand dunes. You need wheel spin, ABS is worthless, and high speed is the norm therefore making the holding of shift points and lack of throttle response more of a liability. And like I mentioned, I want to drive the truck not Ford or my computer. Fast and loose is the goal. If I F' up then it's all on me. I can totally live with that.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Press and hold, and unless your bouncing off the red it stays off. Hold it seems like forever the traction control hold hold hold. Press it says sport mode press and hold and hold and hold until it says disabled.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also orm learns your conditions if your off on it will shift more but still holds longer than normal.

O lllll O

Reaction score
Press and hold, and unless your bouncing off the red it stays off. Hold it seems like forever the traction control hold hold hold. Press it says sport mode press and hold and hold and hold until it says disabled.

If I understand correctly.....if you press and hold until it is disabled the system goes back to sport mode after 35mph.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, the lockers will unlock but the nanos stay off certain things might take it out like ******* off the limiter, not sure on this one I'm not that crazy but roll at a certain degree might also take it out over your 35. I only know from exsperiance you can drive over 35 and they are still off. Best thing is find a safe wide open spot and ease in to it. Regular f150 is the same way.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
If I understand correctly.....if you press and hold until it is disabled the system goes back to sport mode after 35mph.

ORM and holding the TC bottom for 10 secs takes away as many of the nannies as possible. The truck with the nannies is downright dangerous to drive. There's been once or twice if forget to hold long enough and mid drift through a turn and the truck locks up the brakes. Ass pucker moment for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk