Off road jack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Essam Riad

Reaction score
I want to get a bottle jack in cases where I get a pop out in the desert or something, I just wonder how tall should the jack be and would a 8.5" to 19" be good enough to lift it? b3eb927e0adea8a48cc892bafa071398.jpg

Sent from my IN2020 using Tapatalk

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I want to get a bottle jack in cases where I get a pop out in the desert or something, I just wonder how tall should the jack be and would a 8.5" to 19" be good enough to lift it? b3eb927e0adea8a48cc892bafa071398.jpg

the stroke of this one should be fine. the challenge is you may have trouble with how sturdy it is with such a small base. also the challenge is the amount of space you need to gap first. for an example if the axle is high off the ground and you need the jack to be 15" to start with. and the inverse if you have a flkat and the 8.5" tall jack is too tall to fit under the axle... that is why so many people run the pro eagle floor style jack as it has a low profile and and extendable cap if you need more height. just really depends how many what ifs you want to account for first.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the small amount of surface area, Make sure you bring something to put that jack on or it will just dig itself into the sand.

OP
OP
Essam Riad

Essam Riad

Reaction score
the stroke of this one should be fine. the challenge is you may have trouble with how sturdy it is with such a small base. also the challenge is the amount of space you need to gap first. for an example if the axle is high off the ground and you need the jack to be 15" to start with. and the inverse if you have a flkat and the 8.5" tall jack is too tall to fit under the axle... that is why so many people run the pro eagle floor style jack as it has a low profile and and extendable cap if you need more height. just really depends how many what ifs you want to account for first.
Thanks porter, that's the exact challenge I have since I didn't find a good flat jack where I live, may be will need to do u le Check the local market. Regarding the base, we usually use a flat wooden plate to avoid sinking in the sand.

OP
OP
Essam Riad

Essam Riad

Reaction score
With the small amount of surface area, Make sure you bring something to put that jack on or it will just dig itself into the sand.
Yes, we usually bring with us in the toos a wooden plate to put under the jack, thanks for the hint Antho :)