Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Off-Road GPS

Discussion in 'Off-Roading Your Raptor' started by JustinK, Apr 15, 2019 at 4:59 PM.

1. JustinK

JustinK Member

Anyone have any recommendations for a good and not too expensive off-road GPS? I am looking to join the next Raptor run in my region and the GPS unit is a requirement to participate. Thanks in advance!

nfsraptor likes this.
  2. waveslayer

waveslayer Full Access Member

I use a handheld Garmin unit that I use for hunting a lot.

I also use the All Trails app on my phone and Gaia app.

The hand held Garmin is small, but using a Naviks system I mirror my phone to my screen and it works perfectly

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

3. tmanker

tmanker Full Access Member

Can you tell me more about the naviks system? Are there installation instructions online?

4. Otis857

Otis857 Full Access Member

Im in the same boat. Looking to get more into AZRR runs too. Not real familiar with gps in general when it comes to off roading. My daughter's boyfriend is a rally racer and uses the GAIA gps program. I downloaded it to an 8" LG tablet with GPS capabilities and it seems like the real deal. About 20% of the price of setting up a Lowrance unit. I picked up a Ram Mount for it and it sits nicely on the dash. Highly recommended by hikers and the overland crowd. Worth Checking it out.

5. tmanker

tmanker Full Access Member

When I get more involved in the offroad events, I will look at the Lowrance unit or go the iPad with leadnav or gaia. I already have the iPad so that saves most of the cost.

6. zombiekiller

zombiekiller Full Access Member

or start with lowrance and when you get too lazy to load satellite imagery all the time, switch to ios with leadnav (the 4g ipad). :)

waveslayer likes this.
  7. waveslayer

waveslayer Full Access Member

You can email them and they will send instructions. I like it. I use a Quad lock mount, that attaches to a deal that fits in my cup holder. Phone hangs out and I mirror my phone on the screen. Works great, even better when I have a comms guy/navigator

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns