Off-road GPS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pikser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to visit a number of oil and gas wells in South Texas about every three Months
Tried using the Sync3 nav but it is useless. So I’m looking for a good nav system for off-road that will also show the roads between sites.
I need to be able to name the location road which is normally off a know road and also each well site.
About 200 wells in about 10 different counties
Also would be good if I could transferred the data to multiple devices

Any suggestions appreciated.

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use Gaia on an Ipad https://www.gaiagps.com/offroad/. It also works on an Android. You can download maps, including satellite maps, and mark you routes. I use a TOPO map, it shows mines and stuff, but I and not sure about wells.

If your Ipad does not have a GPS (unless a cellular unit they don't) use the Garmin Blue Tooth one, they work well together.

xtela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a look at the Magellan TRX7 CS. You can create custom routes via the website. Export and import .gpx files. Add way points , notes and photos to your track log.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
leadnav or mob armor GPS on an iPad pro with a cell modem and xgps160.

lowrance won't do you any favors in tx.

I have both. wish I would have saved the money that I spend on a lowrance, except when I'm south of the border.