Off road finally got me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MPRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a couple of fairly lucky years (couldn’t have been driving ability), unfortunately scratches finally hit passenger side doors and wheel flares on my recent off road Utah trip (Moab, Canyonlands). Any recommendations for paint correction compounds, Adams or some other brand? Will one work on body panels AND wheel well flares? Appreciate any recommendations. Light scratches. 2019 802A SCREW.

Pinned

Reaction score
I like Optimum's products - I find them very easy to work with.

More importantly, a good orbital polisher and pads - otherwise you'll never really get a worthwhile result. I use Lake Country flat foam pads. I match a more aggressive pad with the more aggressive Optimum Hyper Compound and then a lighter polishing pad with the Hyper Polish. Pretty good for a 2 step setup.

Obviously you'll want to wash, decontaminate (Iron X or similar), and clay before you try to polish anything or you'll just grind surface contaminants into the paint and make it worse.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always start with a less aggressive pad and compound and work up to more aggressive. Don't go overboard then realize that you went too far.

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After a couple of fairly lucky years (couldn’t have been driving ability), unfortunately scratches finally hit passenger side doors and wheel flares on my recent off road Utah trip (Moab, Canyonlands). Any recommendations for paint correction compounds, Adams or some other brand? Will one work on body panels AND wheel well flares? Appreciate any recommendations. Light scratches. 2019 802A SCREW.
I rhino lined my wheel well flares. I highly recommend it. Only use the premium one, it has UV protection.