off road camper ice shake idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been working on this for a while wish my scanner would work I have drawings. any how was thinking of some type of self propelled camper to get out on your own with a generator electric motors and low rider type shocks to lower and rise the camper. if you look up electric motor sports you will see what type of motors I'm talking about that way you could make the frame as big or small as you want with as many wheels it takes to operate. the idea of the shocks and that many tires you would have a virtually smooth ride over smaller down trees and what not first tire up and down while 2nd 3rd and so on so a tire is mostly always on the suffuses. I like ice fishing and thought of it than I also like camping by my self that would be the idea of this or as a base camp.

any how was wondering if any one thought this was a good idea and if I should try and produce them I would definitely need an engineer's advise but think for the most part would be a good setup reliable, lightweight, float, self contained and very practical.

EDIT
2859-img-0193.jpg

2858-img-0186.jpg

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
i have an idea of what hes talking about, and i think its a great idea man

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
can't believe my darn scanner isn't working.
pretty much but you could go from 4 to any number of wheels because they are all independent and on independent shocks would steer like a tank.
thanks 6.2 I knew I'd get some different responses on this although don't want some one to steel the idea I just what one and don't know how to go about getting it done I've come to the conclusion I don't mind being poor but still like having fun.

Banned
Reaction score
this thing jumped into my head
Tatra 10x10 in siberia - YouTube

see how the wheels move independently and allow more contact with the ground over obstacles.
im guessing something like this setup is what your talking about, but on a frame with a "base camp" type thing on top, like a ice hut

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you would be driving the base camp each electric motor would be on a shock of its own the shock attached to the frame of the shack

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
no kidding it seems like such a simple idea it's been awhile since I looked up the coast of a motor I didn't have the funds than and now don't because of the raptor perches. I'm willing to take help and partners to get this thing built I have some professional wrote up stuff with drawings any takers let me know we can get something going I have the idea but no funds right now.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
no kidding it seems like such a simple idea it's been awhile since I looked up the coast of a motor I didn't have the funds than and now don't because of the raptor perches. I'm willing to take help and partners to get this thing built I have some professional wrote up stuff with drawings any takers let me know we can get something going I have the idea but no funds right now.
I would but you live far away, I don't know anything about electrics, and I have no money for you