Off microchip hold!!! Onto shipping hold...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PerfectoR

Reaction score
Remember once the truck is delivered (say by rail) to the holding destination have your dealer reach out and have it labeled as HOT so that they priority deliver it to the dealer. I had this happen with my Shelby last January...shipped around Xmas and delivered to the dealer mid Jan.

Heck mine is still in production since 9/23....nice to see others getting theirs in, gives me hope one of these days ill see traction on my order.

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol its not A 21 in 22. I am thinking they will deliver MORE 21's in 22 than they did in 21. That is straight up embarrassing.
Yeah, I would have a problem taking receipt of a 2021 MY truck in 2022, it's not an issue now but when you go to sell or trade it in in 5-8years it will be worth less, maybe even under 100k by then...:confused:

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as long as you compare apples to apples. shouldn't matter not just the year. options being the same and miles are more important. 21 with less miles than a 22 will be worth More. everything else the same. after 5-8 yrs all the depreciation is gone. doesn't bother me a bit. I got my 2018. December 22nd of 2018. and its worth pretty much the same as 2019. obviously a little less because of the different shocks. but surprisingly not much.

Metronome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a 21 with "low" miles compared to a 22 with the same number of miles will still likely sell for more or the same as the 22...no difference. I sold a 2019 a couple months ago that I purchased new in June 2020 from my dealer. Sold it for the same or more than the 2020's that were for sale.

bcc

Reaction score
My build date was 11/5 too (for a 37 with most every option). Spoke with my dealer today and he said same thing: update occurred on December 3rd stating "received". He was guessing it meant the truck is now off chip hold and back for "completion". Maybe some progress...

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I would have a problem taking receipt of a 2021 MY truck in 2022, it's not an issue now but when you go to sell or trade it in in 5-8years it will be worth less, maybe even under 100k by then...:confused:
First off everyone will know the 2021/22 raptors were slow and long delivery. These threads will always be around and everyone will know. Plus there is production date and delivery date. The dealers and KBB will adjust. If it is private you may need to educate the buyer.

Every time I purchased a used car, I always looked at the production date and original sale date. Hell my 2019 raptor production was 9/19 but it’s in service date was 2/2/2020.

RadRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a build date of 11/5 as well order placed 6/10. Still have an ETA of 12/31. What do they mean by origin received exactly?
I don't have an ETA- I don't think.. the stupid site is always down... but it was 12/24-12/31. Ford Performance told me that is the initial contact for shipping.. but mine is still on hold. I asked for the Ford Reps name and number and was told, " I don't have the authority to give that out"... what I do know is that the rep-SHE- made a smart *** comment a month ago that mine was one of 15,000 she was checking on... so nothing.