Off idle exhaust rattle.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derrick

Reaction score
Just starting to notice exhaust rattle right when you touch the throttle and is very short and seems more noticable when cold but can hear it when you stand near it or beside a wall or something to redirect the noise towards you. I think it's the valve flapper it the exhaust myself and this is in normal mode, haven't tried it in other modes.
I will take to dealer for recall on trailer software and have them look at , I am sure then are going to say that's normal and then the ***** show will begin.

agerman

Reaction score
This seems to be pretty common and has a thread, if you search for it, that is rectified by a muffler swap. One guy said the actuator seemed to be the cause as he could simply press on it with his hand to get it to stop. I have this issue on mine as well in addition to having had the wind screen for the sunroof fly off the first time I opened it while at highway speeds. All minor thankfully and seem to be an easy fix.

TX_Raptor_15

Reaction score
My local Ford Dealer this morning told me that a muffler swap doesn't fix this. He said Ford has issued SSM 50963. It states they are aware of the issue and are currently looking to see how to fix it.

OP
OP
Derrick

Derrick

Reaction score
Just got my truck back from service , recall trailer update and exhaust rattle at the back and I mentioned what I thought it could be and when it happens.
So picked up truck and software update done and service done. They could not replicate the rattle so nothing was done., but the rattle is not there now at all. Before it was there all the time at idle or just off idle. So a week are so later I am just starting to hear it again just slightly and going to see if it gets worse like before.
So I think they did what is mentioned above and works for now.