OEM (The Real Deal) Ambient Lighting discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Svtweb

Svtweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't say 100% if it will change with the rest. What I can say is that the new harness came with the center console light already attached. And it is a 4-wire LED.

OP
OP
Svtweb

Svtweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered the HVAC module and the pigtail for the ambient lighting harness end. I have narrowed it down to 3 possible 20-pin connectors for the HVAC end of the adaptor harness.

Module was $125 the pigtail is $20.

Should have them both tomorrow.

OP
OP
Svtweb

Svtweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Including the purchases yesterday, the total on the spreadsheet (yes, I am that bad) is $984.28. That doesn't count the purchase of the VCM2 and the software license, but that was purchased more out of convenience rather than need so I wouldn't have to keep going to the dealer for testing.

OP
OP
Svtweb

Svtweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The module and first pigtail came today. Now that I have he module I can better asses the connector for the second pigtail.

Attachments

• image-28729573.jpg
    image-28729573.jpg
    481.5 KB · Views: 137

DieselD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work! your doing it the right way! These are the type of upgrades I enjoy and gives ford the middle finger for saying it cant be done!

Trust me that IDS/VCM will pay for itself, I know mine does and I use it frequently

OP
OP
Svtweb

Svtweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ordered the last connector this morning. 3U2Z-14S411-FCA... Hopefully this is the correct one. Should be in tomorrow, that means the install should be this weekend!

OP
OP
Svtweb

Svtweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ordered the last connector this morning. 3U2Z-14S411-FCA... Hopefully this is the correct one. Should be in tomorrow, that means the install should be this weekend!

Swing and a miss.... Not the correct connector. Ordered a different one today. Should be in my Tuesday.