OEM Shock Rebuild Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slow_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a good place I could send my shocks to get rebuilt or maybe where I can purchase a good set? My truck is at 98k miles and everything is squeaking in the suspension just driving into my driveway I can hear the sounds of the suspension squeaking like an old construction truck and it's so annoying.

Islander98

Reaction score
I bought a used 2017 SuperCrew from a dealer a few months ago. They had just replace the rear shocks with new ones but the fronts were original. I drove it for a month or so and decided it was hopping too much in the front. I had planned a trip from Canada to Baja for early December. With very few options other than new available in Canada, I read some posts on the forum and decided to talk to Forged Off-road. Via email and phone, I arranged to drop off my truck at their shop on the way through California. Dropped the truck around 8:30 and picked it up with rebuilt exchange shocks (with flutter stack upgrade) and some new Eibach springs. On the road by 11:30. The guys were very helpful,the service was great and everything delivered as promised at the price as promised. They even corrected a damaged top hat for me.

Very happy with the service and the entire experience. 100% recommend them. Next time I will probably have to do the exchange as I won’t likely be able to nail the timing as well as this time.

The truck has a bit of a bulldog stance now so I guess some rear springs will be next?

silverworx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a used 2017 SuperCrew from a dealer a few months ago. They had just replace the rear shocks with new ones but the fronts were original. I drove it for a month or so and decided it was hopping too much in the front. I had planned a trip from Canada to Baja for early December. With very few options other than new available in Canada, I read some posts on the forum and decided to talk to Forged Off-road. Via email and phone, I arranged to drop off my truck at their shop on the way through California. Dropped the truck around 8:30 and picked it up with rebuilt exchange shocks (with flutter stack upgrade) and some new Eibach springs. On the road by 11:30. The guys were very helpful,the service was great and everything delivered as promised at the price as promised. They even corrected a damaged top hat for me.

Very happy with the service and the entire experience. 100% recommend them. Next time I will probably have to do the exchange as I won’t likely be able to nail the timing as well as this time.

The truck has a bit of a bulldog stance now so I guess some rear springs will be next?
Great to hear you found a professional one. I'll mention this to my uncle who is moving to Roseville. The local shop will be installing the new rotors and tires from 4Wheelonline onto his new Raptor tomorrow and they are heading there.

JCSRaptor

Reaction score
Anyone have a good place I could send my shocks to get rebuilt or maybe where I can purchase a good set? My truck is at 98k miles and everything is squeaking in the suspension just driving into my driveway I can hear the sounds of the suspension squeaking like an old construction truck and it's so annoying.
Texas shock works TSW in Hutto TX specializes in Raptor shock rebuilds. Just had mine done at 43Kmi. You should expect to pay $250 - $300 per shock. I have a second, spare set 2019 Fox orange, front and rear, with live valves, 5Kmi on them. I was gonna keep them and use next time I need a swap out. TSW inspected them last week 12/29/2022. They said shocks are in excellent mechanical shape and exteriors are in very good shape. Full set for $1650. Or $1250 w/o springs. You would use your existing springs. Shocks ship a lot easier without the springs, springs add considerable weight and bulk to the shipping container/box. Shipping will run $150ish. Clean and ready for install

Attachments

• 70E621E9-2D8E-409F-B29E-8B7FB7C8CD1D.jpeg
    70E621E9-2D8E-409F-B29E-8B7FB7C8CD1D.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 40
  • A52DBB92-97F5-403A-B196-72D778B165C3.jpeg
    A52DBB92-97F5-403A-B196-72D778B165C3.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
S

slow_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Texas shock works TSW in Hutto TX specializes in Raptor shock rebuilds. Just had mine done at 43Kmi. You should expect to pay $250 - $300 per shock. I have a second, spare set 2019 Fox orange, front and rear, with live valves, 5Kmi on them. I was gonna keep them and use next time I need a swap out. TSW inspected them last week 12/29/2022. They said shocks are in excellent mechanical shape and exteriors are in very good shape. Full set for $1650. Or $1250 w/o springs. You would use your existing springs. Shocks ship a lot easier without the springs, springs add considerable weight and bulk to the shipping container/box. Shipping will run $150ish. Clean and ready for install

Thanks for the reply. Regarding the orange shocks I don't think they will fit my Raptor due to me running 37s Mickey Thompsons MTs it's a really tight fit on the stock suspension. I'll hit them up and get two rebuilt at a time or something.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you’re doing any kinda modding I don’t even know why someone would spend nearly $2k on factory rebuilds (or lightly used) when you can spend double & just do it right & do the fox factory 3.0 adjustable It’s all expensive at the end of the day.

Unless you’re dead set on a bone stock configuration, if you’re gonna actually use the truck & pack the miles on May as well upgrade the shocks for (relatively) not that much more scratch given when you get in return

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Suspension squeaking can be your rear leafs, power wash them real good, that usually remedies mine and spray them with some type of lubricant like a AMSOIL HDMP or Corrosion X. Start with the power wash though. Clean up between the leafs and the pads where they touch real well.