OEM Screen brightness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

faultball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if there was any way to drop the brightness at nite, already at the lowest setting with the dimmer. Would anyone know if Forscan has a way to do this?

tia

DanT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m assuming you mean you’ve already switched it to night mode? If not, this may help.

If so, I don’t have an answer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What version is your system? I don’t have the additional adjustment under AUTO

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What version is your system? I don’t have the additional adjustment under AUTO
I’m not 100% certain, I believe it is 3.2 or something similar. But I’ve owned a ton of Ford’s since sync came along and even sync 2 had a night mode.

I’m not sure what’s going on with whatever version you have. My only other suggestion would be to download any available updates via the Ford site and do a USB update. (I’ve never been able to get OTA to work)

DanT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not 100% certain, I believe it is 3.2 or something similar. But I’ve owned a ton of Ford’s since sync came along and even sync 2 had a night mode.

I’m not sure what’s going on with whatever version you have. My only other suggestion would be to download any available updates via the Ford site and do a USB update. (I’ve never been able to get OTA to work)

Thanks and agree - after seeing what was in the video - I checked sync in truck and it said current. When I checked online with owner.form.com it said there was an update available - go figure. Will download to USB and update manually. Appreciate your assistance!

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks and agree - after seeing what was in the video - I checked sync in truck and it said current. When I checked online with owner.form.com it said there was an update available - go figure. Will download to USB and update manually. Appreciate your assistance!
Good luck, hope the night mode becomes available for you.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have mine at the lowest setting in the screen and the dimmer by the light switch. BUT...I have found in both my raptor and my explorer......the dimmer by the lights don't "stick". if I bump them up one note then down again...it goes back to the full dimness I wanted.