GEN 2 OEM Raptor Fox Shock Retaining Clips - Alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Whats up everyone!

I'm new to this forum and I'm currently building a Frankenstein F-150 with quite a few Raptor suspension bits and figured this forum would be the best place to get information about those components. Hopefully my non-Raptor-ness doesn't get me in hot water here.

The context: I bought a 2011 RWD 5.0L with the idea of building a slightly more playful F150 for winter ripping and very light summer trail fun. The Coyote engine will be getting a few bolt ons to liven it up a little as well as a 4.88 gear kit to give it a fighting chance with the 37" tires. I've always loved the look of "luxury" pre-runners and the McNeil/Fiberwerx kits so got the 1-piece fiberglass front end with matching bedsides and have those mocked up on the truck. I've already read up on quite a few threads here and on other forums about converting F150s to full Raptor suspension setups.

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 1.13.30 PM.png
rear truck.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 11.25.41 AM.png

I've bought and received all these components and have most of it installed, however upon setting up the front OEM Gen 2 Fox coil-overs, I realized that the retaining clips are missing (my error for not verifying when purchasing these second hand). I haven't found a part number for these clips on the Gen 2, and they use a different type of retaining clip to the Gen 1 which can be purchased quite easily. (Part Number: 038-01-033)

What the original clips look like (from RPG Install Guide):
Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 11.44.54 AM.png

I've seen the RPG-style collars that lock into the retainer clip position, however I would prefer not needing to lift the front end and essentially am looking for information on how to buy these clips or find alternatives to getting the coils to sit right. Any leads, ideas or constructive criticism is very welcome!