OEM Lug Nuts - checked yours?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I rotated my tires yesterday and torqued them down to 150 ft/lbs. Thanks for the info!

OP
OP
M

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Husky Torque Wrench I have, I bought for my Z06 and torqued the nuts down to 75 foot pounds.

The max this wrench goes to is 150... anyway, I check my Raptor's nuts and 3 out of four wheels, EVERY nut turned an additional 1/3 rotation before breaking the torque setting on the wrench. The last wheel, only one nut turned 1/4 turn rotation, the other nuts broke the torque setting right away.

That 1/3 rotation, I don't think would have been a big deal to leave it as it was...

But when I had my Z06, I got a little over a complete full rotation on every lug nut on the car.

I guess the moral of this thread is... check your nutz, better to be safe than sorry?

Highroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Husky Torque Wrench I have, I bought for my Z06 and torqued the nuts down to 75 foot pounds.

The max this wrench goes to is 150... anyway, I check my Raptor's nuts and 3 out of four wheels, EVERY nut turned an additional 1/3 rotation before breaking the torque setting on the wrench. The last wheel, only one nut turned 1/4 turn rotation, the other nuts broke the torque setting right away.

That 1/3 rotation, I don't think would have been a big deal to leave it as it was...

But when I had my Z06, I got a little over a complete full rotation on every lug nut on the car.

I guess the moral of this thread is... check your nutz, better to be safe than sorry?

If your using a wrench thats only goes to 150 ft-lbs on the lugs that need 150 ft-lbs, your torque will be off, most likely over torqued, could possible crack a rim or snap a stud, which could be a real safety issue.