OEM HID Problem - High/Low Beam Flap stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been having the following issue on my 2013 Scab with OEM HID's for several winters now.

Once the temp drops below 50ish degrees or so the driver's side high/low flapper will get stuck up in the high beam position. As long as the temp is in that range the only way to get it to drop back down is to pound your palm against the light which will drop the flap back down into the low beam position.

Anyone else have this issue, and if so, how did you fix it?

Not looking to spend 100's if not $1500 on a new set of lights over a seemingly simply issue.

- Travis

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not uncommon on the 13-14 HIDs. There's really no fix.

If the lenses and housing are in good shape, you could crack them open and mod them with newer, better projectors- which would replace the bad hi/low mechanism.

OP
OP
trayack

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not uncommon on the 13-14 HIDs. There's really no fix.

If the lenses and housing are in good shape, you could crack them open and mod them with newer, better projectors- which would replace the bad hi/low mechanism.

They are mint actually.

Whats out there for mods?

blsstrongarm

Reaction score
I've had the same issue the past few Illinois Winters. I usually give it a few smacks on the front of the fender or look for a couple high speed potholes tunes it right up.