GEN 2 OEM Genuine Ford Parts Scalable Shock Security System Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SOAKINRED

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no remote start

No. Still haven't. Might try to disconnect the alarm and to see if it is what's causing the issue.

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

this happened to me, uninstall the truck from the app, then add the truck back, you will need to start the truck and confirm the connection, then discounted the battery for about 5 mins, reconnect the battery and drive the truck for about ten mins, it should auto start after that.

hmgt3

Reaction score
this happened to me, uninstall the truck from the app, then add the truck back, you will need to start the truck and confirm the connection, then discounted the battery for about 5 mins, reconnect the battery and drive the truck for about ten mins, it should auto start after that.
Thank you. Will try it. Hopefully that fixes it.

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

marsh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mounted the LED in the collision warning light mount plate. It pops right out. Taped a weight to the wire to get it to drop though the back of dash.

IMG_2722_zpstkru63lf.jpg

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mounted the LED in the collision warning light mount plate. It pops right out. Taped a weight to the wire to get it to drop though the back of dash.

IMG_2722_zpstkru63lf.jpg

Yep, I did the same. I put the light on the left side, but the same otherwise. Very easy to do.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

I suddenly had problems with remote start, both with the fob and with the app. Pulled he battery cable for 2 minutes, then tried again. Worked great after that.

Now that I think about it, I probably lost remote start after installing this shock sensor. It worked before that. Maybe pulling the battery cable when done should be part of the install procedure.

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was thinking about getting this but saw on Tasca that there is a new part number (https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...1MCZ5PTIwMTgmdD1yYXB0b3ImZT0zLTVsLXY2LWdhcw==)

Has anyone installed this latest iteration? I assume the bajamod bracket doesn’t fit based on pictures.

probably not, it looks like the mounting tabs on the unit itself are in different locations compared to the original one, you can buy the original one on eBay still or maybe email bajamod to see if they can drill the holes in a different place?

i wonder what the difference is or why they redid the unit.

buyrogue_TYH

Reaction score
probably not, it looks like the mounting tabs on the unit itself are in different locations compared to the original one, you can buy the original one on eBay still or maybe email bajamod to see if they can drill the holes in a different place?

i wonder what the difference is or why they redid the unit.

Good call on contacting BajaMod. They are redoing their brackets to work with both modules and any orders placed now will receive the new design.

SunDevilRev

Reaction score
Good call on contacting BajaMod. They are redoing their brackets to work with both modules and any orders placed now will receive the new design.

I ordered the former p/n and was planning on ordering a bracket from Bajamod but was shipped the new p/n JS7Z-19A361-A by mistake. I tried installing it using zip ties but wasn't getting good response on the shock sensor due to the loose mounting. Being as impatient as I am and having access to a CNC laser and press brake, I grabbed my calipers to dimension the new module and drew up a bracket using 1/8" aluminum. I also installed some self-clinching nuts to make the mounting easier.

Photo May 31, 7 07 03 PM.jpg

Photo May 31, 7 07 14 PM.jpg

Photo May 31, 7 08 52 PM.jpg

Photo Jun 01, 8 12 10 PM.jpg