GEN 2 OEM Genuine Ford Parts Scalable Shock Security System Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hmgt3

Reaction score
Disconnect the battery for 5 minutes and try it, mine did the same thing and has worked perfect ever since.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Well OK it can get really sensitive, the adjustment is very easy also.
Thanks Soakinred will try that.

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

marsh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How hard do you have to hit it to get the alarm to go off. I installed mine and tried the sensitivity in both directions. I can pound on the window pretty hard and nothing.

Last edited:

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How hard do you have to hit it to get the alarm to go off. I installed mine and tried the sensitivity in both directions. I can pound on the window pretty hard and nothing.

If it's turned to full sensitivity, it is too sensitive in my book. A hard weather burst, extreme exhausts, and other similar things will set it off. It would go off on my about once every week or two. On the cool side, the notifications are forwarded to my phone through the Ford Pass App.

I currently have mine set at about half, and it seems to be good. A light to moderate bump on the fender, windows, etc will set off the warning chirp. More that that will full set it off (but certainly still less that what would be needed to do any damage).

I installed mine before and after the BajaMod bracket was available and the sensitivity was about the same. I definitely recommend the bracket.

hmgt3

Reaction score
Mine isn't very sensitive even when set to Max sensitivity. I also can't get my remote start to work. I tried to disconnect the battery and that didn't work either.

marsh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's turned to full sensitivity, it is too sensitive in my book. A hard weather burst, extreme exhausts, and other similar things will set it off. It would go off on my about once every week or two. On the cool side, the notifications are forwarded to my phone through the Ford Pass App.

I currently have mine set at about half, and it seems to be good. A light to moderate bump on the fender, windows, etc will set off the warning chirp. More that that will full set it off (but certainly still less that what would be needed to do any damage).

I installed mine before and after the BajaMod bracket was available and the sensitivity was about the same. I definitely recommend the bracket.

Thx. I used the Baja bracket. Easy install. Let me play with it some more. I might not be giving it enough time to activate before testing.

OP
OP
SOAKINRED

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rEMOTE sTART

Mine isn't very sensitive even when set to Max sensitivity. I also can't get my remote start to work. I tried to disconnect the battery and that didn't work either.

Did you get your remote start to work?