GEN 1 Oem front shock parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can buy parts for our front shocks? I’m looking for the rubber bumpers that go on the shaft, top hat (part that holds the coil on the shock) and the plastic piece that fits on the perch. I bought some used shocks that I’m having rebuilt and I’m installing Geiser springs on those so I’m trying to figure out if it’s easier to buy those parts so i can assemble the shocks 100% and just swap or if i should buy a spring compressor and pull my stock springs off to get the parts i need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can buy parts for our front shocks? I’m looking for the rubber bumpers that go on the shaft, top hat (part that holds the coil on the shock) and the plastic piece that fits on the perch. I bought some used shocks that I’m having rebuilt and I’m installing Geiser springs on those so I’m trying to figure out if it’s easier to buy those parts so i can assemble the shocks 100% and just swap or if i should buy a spring compressor and pull my stock springs off to get the parts i need

Doing the same , here's some part numbers:

SHOCK MOUNT- AL3Z-18A099-A
INSULATOR-----7L1Z-5415-A ,

Im replacing the shock mount, but have to wait to take my old shock apart, I cant see spending 100.00 on 2 rubber isulators.

If I looked a little harder, I could have used MONROE 906963, SHOCK MOUNT AND INSULATOR for 47.79 form ROCKAUTO

This link shoud have the whole break down with part #
https://www.oemfordpart.com/auto-pa...ont-suspension-cat/struts-and-components-scat

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man!! I’ve been looking for a part breakdown like that. And yeah the rock auto ones look good. Just need to find that plastic spacer that goes on the perch. Although a spring compressor is only 100 bucks so it may be cheaper to just buy the tool and swap parts.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man!! I’ve been looking for a part breakdown like that. And yeah the rock auto ones look good. Just need to find that plastic spacer that goes on the perch. Although a spring compressor is only 100 bucks so it may be cheaper to just buy the tool and swap parts.

I bought new front and rear shocks from Rock auto, purchased new shock mounts, and shock mount nuts, figured I just do R/R , then I realized I forgot to order insulators, but glade i did for almost 50.00 each. degassed the new shocks to install shrader valves, hoping to charge them this weekend and start install. But with work hard to say when it will happen.

OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys
I was looking at your site and found a few of the parts although the pictures didn’t really match. I’ll give you a call later today.

Cheers

SDHQ

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks guys
I was looking at your site and found a few of the parts although the pictures didn’t really match. I’ll give you a call later today.

Cheers

Working on getting that all updated right now as well as adding more parts.

Chinmasterflex

Reaction score
Even if you buy from someone else, I find the parts diagrams and associated part numbers from tasca or other online dealership based/associated parts supplies pretty darn helpful for this kind of stuff

OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered the spacers and bumpers from sdhq. Good prices too. Found the top nut on eBay for pretty cheap. Just waiting for the shocks to get back from rebuild now