GEN 2 OEM Bed Extender.... should I include in order or just get it after delivery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flgator

Reaction score
Pretty much what the title says.... I have an opportunity to modify my order right now to include the oem bed extender. Or I should just leave alone and pick it up later? I’m getting the spray in bed liner so is it an easy install after the fact?

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s useful and I really like how it stows. However, if you plan on a bed mat it will no longer stow properly. Also, after market ones give you more space and are metal, but don’t tuck away and stow like the OEM. It just bolts on, but I don’t know if the bed will include the threaded mounting studs if you don’t order the extender. Also, Ford sprays the bed liner over all the holes and bolts, unfortunately, so you may need to do some work getting it out of the mounting points.

No Clue

Reaction score
I'd cancel the factory spray-in bed liner and get LineX. For the same price, maybe cheaper, and when mine was sprayed the left the bolt holes clear.
I'd jump on this if the shipping costs don't make it more expensive than getting from Ford...
Either way. I have a barely used one i’ll sell cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And, Go Gators!

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a $250 option if the truck comes with it. It's around $300 or more from Ford parts places. People usually sell them pretty cheap. It would be nice to find one locally and not have to pay for shipping.
I love mine. I use it flipped over to keep gas cans and stuff from sliding to the front of the bed. Even with a bed mat stuff still slides.

SAM_0566.JPG

jhsocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty much what the title says.... I have an opportunity to modify my order right now to include the oem bed extender. Or I should just leave alone and pick it up later? I’m getting the spray in bed liner so is it an easy install after the fact?

I would suggest ordering it WITH your truck, as I believe it will be cheaper than purchasing it after the fact. After checking it out online, if you select it with the truck it runs $250 as opposed to ordering it from Ford after the fact for $365.

https://accessories.ford.com/bed-products/extenders/kit.html

upload_2019-11-16_9-4-29.png

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the amp research extender, gives more space than stock, I use mine all the time