OEM Beadlocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any concern about using the beadlocks on the street? Or does checking to make sure they are properly torqued on a regular basis good enough?

tobywan

Reaction score
My only concerns are regulatory (ie; warranty and or insurance). From a safety standpoint, I've regularly checked the torque for more than 10k miles, with zero deviation.

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any concern about using the beadlocks on the street? Or does checking to make sure they are properly torqued on a regular basis good enough?

I've been running them for over 2 years now (on my '17 and '19), and have had zero issues. I honestly don't ever even worry about them. I've never had any loosen up.

The only concern that I'd see is if you were out of town and had a problem, you won't find a tire store out there (short of a real off-road shop) that will work on them. But I've never run into that.

Cribz

Reaction score
So I've purchased one beadlock ring and TPMS sensor to test fitment on the spare under my '19. What's the deal with the sticker I found on the spare that says "Temporary Use Only"? I'm assuming that is to indicate the absence of TPMS and balancing by our friends at Ford?

I was also wondering about the message included in the instructions saying that the true beadlock ring is only to be used on the OEM tire. Have others replaced the OEM's with different manufacturers or styles/sizes without issue (i.e. KO2 replaced by KM2)?

TIA,

Jim