OEM alarm going off for no reason

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
getting real tired of this ****. i can't lock the truck otherwise the alarm goes off for no reason. the dealership is full of mouthbreathers that won't find anything wrong with it unless it happens right in front of them.

funny thing is i had the truck getting some warranty work, they took me back to the yard where they have all the other ford vehicles being fixed and i saw a raptor tucked in some corner with the alarm going off as well while the techs scrambled to find the keys for it. so is this a common issue? what is the fix? can i just unplug something and not have an alarm? i'd rather have the ability to lock the car than a theft alarm.

steved57

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to hear more about this as mine went off at midnight last night (first time) it's a 2018 with 62k miles - we live in the country about 1/4 mile off the road so I go running out handgun in hand and find nothing - truck is a bit dusty and there are no
marks of any kind anywhere so this morning look all around and find nothing that would have set it off

steved57

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Inside the truck / or crawling around under the frame ? I know it's not inside my truck as it's kept very clean inside

OP
OP
H

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just don't lock it. i have to send the truck to the dealer for a multitude of issues it's having. only 19k miles on it and it's falling apart. a new error began appearing "front camera failure". it also has an intermittent issue where there is a very loud whining noise, i think it may be the water pump although the temps haven't been out of normal. the battery will die if i don't drive the truck for 2-3 days. alarm issue. some leaks from the cv axles up front...

and of course ford won't adress most of them bc they have to actively see them. so i'm gonna drive the truck there, lock it and wait until the alarm goes off to let them see it for themselves. such BS.

i already had the truck in for the battery. i went to pick up some stuff i left inside the cab and the truck alarm began going off in front of the tech...the service advisor claimed they didn't notice any issues with the alarm though. ******* great service!

Badboy4fun_wa

Reaction score
Choose perimeter only and see if the alarm has issues. More then likely it is the cabin motion sensor. If that proves to be case you can next decide if u want to cover motion sensor or not.

OP
OP
H

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Choose perimeter only and see if the alarm has issues. More then likely it is the cabin motion sensor. If that proves to be case you can next decide if u want to cover motion sensor or not.
i have chosen that and the alarm doesn't seem to go off when i select that. can ford adress this?

CobraJay

Tweaker by trade
Reaction score
I had a moth tripping my alarm for a few nights until I got it out finally. No issues once evicted.

Badboy4fun_wa

Reaction score
My dog helps remind me when I forget to switch the alarm all the time. The Panoramic roof in summer is great when camping and in comes that pesky bug. Alternative is to cover sensors many have done it.