Odds submitted and confirmed R orders get allocation, hypothetical 2nd round of 2023 allocations/builds, pushed to 2024, or cancelled?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigft678

Reaction score
What are everyone's thoughts on what they think will happen with the orders that were able to be submitted and confirmed?

My dealer I went with said they got 1 allocation that was already sold, but that I would be next if they happened got another one. They went ahead and submitted an order for me and said, "we'll just see what happens."

1. Do you think Ford will try and build everyone's order that's confirmed, or just the rumored 3k or so being built?
2. Do you think Ford might announce an additional 2nd batch of builds/allocations in the 2nd qtr. or 2nd half of the year?
3. Knowing that they screwed the pooch with the Broncos, do you think they are being conservative with their initial numbers?
4. And finally, what are the odds orders submitted they just roll over into a 2024 R build a year from now? Or will they just get cancelled with the rest of the extra leftover orders?

I originally called 30 dealers July 19th and 20th hearing every different narrative there is, from order banks already being closed, to order banks not being open yet, to were able to put an order in, to we have "x" number of allocations, to no one knows their # of allocations yet, to give us money to have your name written on a wait list, etc. etc.

I also find it hard to gauge and compare the bronco and GT 350/500 orders and allocations etc. on other forums from the past to this unique situation and timing with the R.

Clear as mud.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are everyone's thoughts on what they think will happen with the orders that were able to be submitted and confirmed?

My dealer I went with said they got 1 allocation that was already sold, but that I would be next if they happened got another one. They went ahead and submitted an order for me and said, "we'll just see what happens."

1. Do you think Ford will try and build everyone's order that's confirmed, or just the rumored 3k or so being built?
2. Do you think Ford might announce an additional 2nd batch of builds/allocations in the 2nd qtr. or 2nd half of the year?
3. Knowing that they screwed the pooch with the Broncos, do you think they are being conservative with their initial numbers?
4. And finally, what are the odds orders submitted they just roll over into a 2024 R build a year from now? Or will they just get cancelled with the rest of the extra leftover orders?

I originally called 30 dealers July 19th and 20th hearing every different narrative there is, from order banks already being closed, to order banks not being open yet, to were able to put an order in, to we have "x" number of allocations, to no one knows their # of allocations yet, to give us money to have your name written on a wait list, etc. etc.

I also find it hard to gauge and compare the bronco and GT 350/500 orders and allocations etc. on other forums from the past to this unique situation and timing with the R.

Clear as mud.

What do you think?
I think you can look to the 2021 run as to what might happen which is that whatever you might think is happening wont

MrClean

Reaction score
This will be a limited run, there won’t be additional allegations given in large numbers. It’s definitely a pay to play game at this point.

Good luck and keep calling dealers.

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No allocation no R
BINGO!
If a dealer rep tells a dealer they will be getting x many R's they can place multiple orders and people can get a confirmation of order back from ford. BUT, If the said dealer does not have that actual allocation the truck will not be built!

Many unscrupulous dealers are taking orders for R's, GT500's and Mach 1's that actually do not have a allocation for it. Many are taking 5k or more and saying non refundable when they know full well it will not be built just a way to get to keep the deposits.

badclam

Reaction score
I waited for and got a Bronco a year late. Others are still waiting from Day One orders. I put in an order for a Raptor 37pp over a year ago. Still no build date on that, BUT, I bought a 37pp for me, and a 35" 801a for the wife, both for $10k over. Which is about what MSRP will be for the 2023s I'm guessing.... The Raptor "R" roll out will be *****, and there are going to be a lot of disappointed people, with new lows being hit in the pay to play new truck game. That's my prediction.